Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 January 2013
I chose Arden for the copious notes and information. Lear is a study in loyalty and humility, and it's a tortuous road for Lear until, just a bit late, he realises what's important!
on 17 February 2015
Bought it as a gift for my niece as she is doing A level English lit and this is one of her choices, easy to carry about in her bag and she can scribble study notes in a book
on 6 March 2013
Fast delivery well packaged and great copy. My daughter in law and her daughter arei studing for their degree and have found this dvd very usfull.
on 20 January 2001
I am not an intellectual by no means. I am just a regular young adult studying 'A' Level English Literature, so when told I would be studying King Lear, probably the most dark and tragic of all Shakepeare's plays, you can imagine.... I paniced!! I saw a video version of King Lear and read the play in progression to the video. It is a fantastic play that kept me intrigued the whole way through. Yes, ok, this can be quite a heavy going play; It certainly makes you wonder about the purpose of life, but let me tell you, I don't think you would regret reading it. Even if your afraid you won't understand, this version comes with a few notes guiding you through any bits that may cause problems. Go on, read this play. Its amazingly tragic!!
on 30 September 2013
Arden editions of any Shakespeare are always the best. A fine classic and a joy to read. Also excellent value.
on 13 November 2015
I think that the Arden Shakespeare editions are the best for reading Shakespeare and this is no exception.
on 2 January 2014
could be a modern sitcom as it is a timeless theme with gripping dialogue as usual by our treasured bard
on 23 July 2013
My son needed this for his A Level English and has very much enjoyed the book and also reviewing it
on 11 December 2015
Really liked the notes at the bottom of each page
on 25 May 2016