on 8 January 2011
I am not vegetarian myself but have a toddler who doesn't like meat ( yes that does hurt ) and having trawled through so many veggie cookbooks aimed at children and adults I must say this is one of or if not the best I have used. The problem that I have found is that most veggie books concentrate upon getting your 5 a day, however every person and especially growing children need protein as well and I have found this to be lacking in other books I have purhcased. The chapters in this book are as follows:

* Intro
* Fresh Start (breakfast)
* Light Bites
* Packed Lunches
* Main Meals
* Sweet Treats
* Let's Party
* Drinks

I am so glad that I have purchased this book because even if my son doesn't eat meat I know that the meals and snacks that I make from this book are nutritionally complete and I don't have to worry that I still need to feed him the other food groups and fret throughout the day.
1212 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 January 2012
although there are some great veggie recipes for children/families there are a good proportion that are not, the first recipes in the breakfast section is adding chocolate to a croissant and heating it up. If the title was changed I would be happy. I am not sure you really need a special cook book for children if you are veggie yourself but non veggie parents might find this useful.