Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 July 2011
10/10

Easy to read

The best illustrations/graphics I have read inside a cookbook
-- very alluring to students; visually expressive

Affordable

Places to add photographs as well as notes/tips

Very easily laid out with clear Instructions and Items needed

Overal, well worth it!

Ps.
Bought for a couple of my friends for university, will also be purchasing one for my partner's youngest sister
on 20 August 2010
This book is a must to include with all other essential items when planning to pack for Uni. The presentation alone makes for a real page turner and the recipes are well chosen and brilliantly laid out to guarantee a super successful meal every time. I defy any student to be intimidated by this and will even try to convince the husband that its never too late! LUCY.
on 22 February 2011
You might think this is a very bold title. I do not have kitchen skills ,and this book really helped me .
on 8 September 2010
I am about to go to uni and me and my mum added in my favourite dishes so I can cook them when i'm away too! So much better than just the standard student cook books!
on 26 December 2012
I bought this book and 'Nosh for Students', both were for my son who is 18 years old and at Uni.(Nosh for Students 5*, and Best Ever Student Cookbook -this one only 2* and that's for practical build of the book).

After browsing the Best Ever Student Cookbook I decided I would be too embarassed to give this to my son. It is aimed at either a six year old or someone who has been mollycoddled all their life. When one of the recipes is for a Hotdog you know something is wrong - here's a preciss: buy a sausage and grill it, buy a soft roll and slice it, put the sausage in the roll and add ketchup - Hotdog made. So if you think the recipient of this book needs such advice then I suggest you buy it and forever wonder how they got into Uni.

The book is in a practical ring binder layout that should give better protection than most in the kitchen. The recipes are very basic and there are no pictures to inspire the reader to try out anything a little more adventurous. Overall, definitely not the best ever student cookbook. It is being returned for a refund.
on 20 July 2010
I HAVE BOUGHT SEVERAL OF THESE BOOKS AS FABULOUS GIFTS FOR NEW STUDENTS STARTING UNIVERSITY. THEY ARE SO PRACTICAL AND I WISH I HAD RECEIVED ONE WHEN I FIRST LEFT HOME AND STARTED UNI. GREAT IDEA FOR A BOOK AND FULL OF PRACTICAL ADVICE ON COOKING WITH A PERSONAL TOUCH BEING ABLE TO ADD YOUR OWN PHOTOS ETC. I JUST LOVED IT. FIONA.
on 10 October 2011
This book is really well set out with clear instructions. Lots of choice in recipes and my mum has borrowed it to cook a family meal. We are really impressed and have ordered another copy to give as a present to my cousin who is at Uni.
on 30 November 2012
This book is a brilliant buy for anyone, the recipes are easy and straightforward i would recommend the book to anyone
on 10 May 2012
Bought for uni attending daughter, some useful recipes, but found the empty spaces for photos not very useful, but again some good tips.
on 17 January 2014
Well after a lot of research I finally chose this book for my granddaughters first Christmas at Uni. It was worth every penny. Simple easy to follow recipies with basic cheap ingredients and a whole lot more in FUN reading!! Almost each page has an amusing caption that is so relevant to our young folk today. Also plenty of readily prepared note pages for mum or granny to jot down ideas, substitute items or whatever that comes to mind - like 'Good luck with this one'!! This really is worth investing in for a young person who is starting out without mum in the kitchen. Ace.