on 13 July 2016
great jobs...needs a patient adult to help...some of the things hard for a kid to do alone...very useful and interesting activities during vacation..fun!
on 28 July 2016
My grandson loved this book especially the things to construct in it.
on 13 March 2014
My 5-year-old grandson really enjoyed this book, and learned a lot from it. We visited a Roman museum in Spain and he was very interested as he saw things he had read about and made from the book.
on 2 March 2013
I liked some of the activities in the book, however, if I had a chance to pick it up and browse through it, I wouldn't have bought it for my classroom resource. Most activities can be found on the internet for free. However, for a parent this would be ideal for them to use at home to learn about Romans and create a few cut and paste activities.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2015
Great little book giving a few ideas and activities to go with the Roman theme they are learning at school.
on 20 August 2013
This is another fun book with useful activities for children, linked to the topic of The Romans. I hope to adopt some of the ideas for Y5 children, although it is for a slightly younger audience.
on 7 November 2012
I have a son who is studying the Romans at school at the start of Year 3. This is a great book containing achievable and fun projects, using items we already have at home that we can do together to help with his school projects. So far we have made a Roman shield and the water clock and these projects have been informative and have kept my 7 year old interested. I would fully recommend it and will look out for more in the series.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 January 2013
Bought for 7 year old's theme work for school. Very interesting book, set out in fun style with loads of interesting facts which kept both my 7 year old and myself amused.
on 20 October 2011
Very informative book, my 7 yr old son really enjoyed it-and making all the fun stuff inside,great fun would recommmend
4 people found this helpful