on 5 December 2000
Trouble is my mates at work have had this book for some time now and I'm going to have to put my foot down so as to get it back. I wanted to put a review here because this is where I bought the book from. I beleive he is a unique and very special person and needs help. He's been abused, that's for sure, but he's come through it all and surely he should become some use to the system. I was amazed at how many prisons he'd been to and in spite all of that he still has a sense of humour. The fight with the dog showed how brutal life can be and yet underneath all of that I sensed a very sensitive man screaming to be heard.
on 20 November 2000
From start to finsih this book took me on a roller coaster of a breathtaking ride through the life of Charles Bronson. A story full of twists and turns too numerous to mention but what certainly is apparent is the way he has been handled over the years and in spite of this he can write such a book, he has my respect.
on 18 July 2017
It is in the condition it was listed under, it's an interesting book
on 20 November 2001
Apple pies and puppy dog tails, elephant and the castle and a man with a reputation the size of Wales. That's what Charles Bronson is all about and this book gives all of that and some more besides. Never a dull moment in his zanny world but through it all shines a man with a lot to give. This book shows his compassion and the piece where he meets a little girl with no eyes is a real tear jerker for me and then when he helps mentally ill kids whilst a prison gym orderly shows some really soft parts to this hard man's soul. Charles Bronson is misrepresented by the press, this book puts it his side.
on 30 November 1999
Another reviewer has pointed out that they have only known a Rottweiler to be 120 pounds in weight. Well as far as I am aware these dogs are injected with steroids and are secretly breed for such things as fighting, so the person who commented on such an item needs to secure their information. This book beats anything else I've read on a similar basis. ROy Shaw's 'Pretty Boy' was tame, Dave Courtney's 'Stop the Ride I want to get off' wasn't too bad. You cannot compare this book to Lenny McLean's book 'The Guv'nor'. Read on in Bronson's book and you'll find he says that Lenny didn't turn up for a fight that was arranged between them, that answers that question, I loved the book and wanted to read more, maybe Bronson will do a follow up - hope so.
on 29 November 2000
Yes, I agree, Charles Bronson, is his own worst enemy, but what a read this book made for me over the weekend. I can't say how terrible I felt for the things that he's described that happened to him over the years. Purely a belter book.
on 17 December 2000
Not very often do I read book that's an autobiography that has a story to tell...this book though does just that, and what a story it is. No more will I complain of my life's aches and pains after readin this book.
on 20 June 2017
A sure contender for the accolade of the worst book of all time. Notwithstanding the fact that Bronson can neither write nor spell (where was the editor??) - the co-author ought to be ashamed to put his name to this garbage - he (Bronson) is a complete nutter, at times blaming everyone but himself for his plight, or simply stating that he is indeed mad. The only certainties are that whoever wrote/edited this rubbish should be ashamed of themselves (as should the publisher) and that Bronson is completely demented.
on 29 June 2000
This book should give encouragement to all those who think they've got problems. Bronson's attitude to Britain's penal system is so disparaging... but you have to admire his remarkable resilience and attitude in combating everyone and everything associated with authority or criminal perversion inside the UK's maximum security jails! Nothing is going to get this man down...he always comes back fighting from severe punishment. A lesson in positive attitude if ever there was one.
on 3 February 2000
This book a man who is willing to spend the rest of his life in prison to fights for what he belives in ,you should read this book and maybe you can also realise how men like him are treated by are prison system. This is a truly great read would not miss it for the world.