Customer reviews

on 12 November 2001
It is with a certain wickedness that I first read a book described as a Dictionary - I always look for those specialised words you almost know won't be included! This time I was foxed. Everytime I tried to catch out the text, there was the entry staring me in the face!
This is a very comprehensive dictionary of photography with an emphasis (rather than obsession) with digital cameras and media. It is, in fact, a very well balanced book for Photography today. There are one or two dubious (or at least ambiguous) entries but for a first edition we can excuse those. If it is light in any areas it is in the area of software. This is no big problem and, by experience, I would suggest the complementary title 'THe Photoshop User's A to Z to fill in the 'holes' left here.
This book should be on the bookshelf of every contemporary photographer whether they class themselves as amateur, enthusiast or professional. It can be enjoyed as a good read as well as reference!
on 9 May 2013
bought as a gift for my sister who has recently purchased a very expensive digital camera. purchased after good reviews on here.
on 14 February 2013
this book has come in very handy whilst on my photography degree. it is very detailed and comes with pictures.