Customer reviews

on 20 May 2017
Arrived on time to be a really good bedside read, not every'bodies' cup of tea, I have very macabre tastes, but nicely written!
on 2 August 2013
Well researched and easy to read. I'm particularly interested in Scottish murders and read this in one sitting. Recommend highly.
on 29 October 2001
This is the first book I have read in this genre. I was very impressed. It tells of 24 murder cases from Burke and Hare to the more recent Bible John. With great attention to detail the reader gets an insight into why murderers kill and why they do it the way they do. There are also a few unsolved cases which left me thinking for days as to "who done it?". A very enjoyable and interesting book and I would recomend it to everyone!
on 19 February 2014
I gave this book five stars as I love learning new things and being a Scot I wanted to learn more. I knew about David Ritzio being murdered and the Sawnybeans along with Burke and Hare but what did surprise me was there were hangings in Calton Jail Edinburgh as late as 1956 I would have been two years old. Crime definitely did not pay and the police nearly always got the criminal. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Every chapter was intersting. If you like crime and Scotland this is a book for you .
on 4 February 2014
A good all round read. Very informative and well researched. Would recommend if this kind of thing is of interest to you.
on 28 December 2016
Interesting reading. Read it on my kindle. Kept me gripped especially the story of Peter Manuel. We grew up knowing this story as we came from the area where the Watt family lived. We were always shocked about it. It was also good viewing on the tv recently and I'm glad I'd read it first.
on 24 April 2014
I initially got this as it featured a chapter on Sawney Bean. After that though, I did find the rest of the featured cases pretty interesting and read the whole book.
on 6 April 2014
in the words of taggart THERES BEEN A MURDERRRR a rally good read and a nice piece about Scottish history in some of the stories,really a shockingly good read
on 29 November 2016
Want blood? You got blood. Good for a general overview, disappointing on details, tricks 'n' tips though. Not one for propa psychos.
on 20 December 2015
Have just started to read this -so far I've found it very interesting