Customer reviews

on 6 August 2017
The product is corrupt on certain pages- pls provide a replacement.
on 6 August 2011
Theres so much exciting information on the subject of verdic astrology to digest. I spent too much time reading on the Western astrology and will need more time reading the basics so I could compare Indian/Western and put into practice its applications. Highly recommended to all astrologers.
on 7 November 2012
The book, as promised by the title, gives a good introduction to any potential student of jyotish. It is well written and is easy to follow, as well as leading the student gently on so s/he thirsts for more. It is definitely a beginner's book, but nevertheless includes a valuable introduction to each nakshatra. I also bought "Personal Panchanga" on the strength of Komilla Sutton's clear writing syle. I hope to read more advanced books by this author, as my own knowledge and practice increase.
on 14 April 2016
thanks
on 5 January 2015
Books is good,gives basics of astrology
on 21 November 2016
Ty
on 9 January 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book. I also read certain parts of the book every now and again. It is highly informative, full of information which the author has wrtten clearly, simply and in a way which makes the reader want to continue reading the book over again.

Highly recommend this book.
on 30 May 2001
After 28 years as a western astrologer, I decided at last to dip a tentative toe into Vedic astrology. The first book I read was Light on Life, which was wonderful, inspiring, but intensive, more philosophical in a way than hands on. The Elements of Vedic astrology is my second book on the subject and was a joy to read, making the whole system come alive and making sense in day to day/spiritual terms. The difficulty for me with Jyotish/Vedic astrology (apart from the shock of discovering I'm a Cancer with Moon in Aries and Sun in Sagittarius instead of Capricorn with Moon in Taurus and Leo rising!) is that there is no lovely mandala type of chart wheel with vivid aspect patterns which can be read intuitively as energy flow; instead the novice Jyotishi is faced with rows and columns of dry looking numbers and letters. Komilla Sutton makes a very good job of making all this seem not only comprehensible but accessible. Everything is explained clearly and in a way which is supportive and encouraging. Not only this, but she shows how one can work positively with the limitations of karmic patterns in the birth chart, and as they unfold through the Vimshottari Dashas and the transits. I especially liked her explanations of Rahu and Ketu, the lunar nodes - an area which has always been of deep interest to me in western astrology too. Anyone who thinks Vedic astrology is too rigid and fatalistic should read The Elements of Vedic Astrology. This is a beautiful, enlightening and caring book which succeeds admirably in explaining the Indian system of astrology to people who were not raised in the culture which gave birth to it. I'm not about to throw away over a quarter of a century of western astrological experience (which has provided and continues to provide answers to mundane and spiritual life for myself and my clients) but Vedic astrology has seized me body, mind and soul, and Komilla's book will be one of my reference books for the forseeable future and the one I recommend to anyone else learning Jyotish.
on 10 April 1999
This book is the best introduction into the wisdom of the astrology of India. It is extremely well and clearly written. This is a great tool for those wishing to learn Vedic Astrology. All the important subjects of Vedic Astrology are covered. With the help of this book, you can interpret your personal Vedic chart. For those wanting to learn Vedic Astrology, this is indeed the best book available.
Roeland de Looff