Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 23 March 2009
Yesterday I got this cookery book. It's in a great condition, the cover is wonderful and the size is just perfect. But once I opened the book I started to get a bit of a swizz. No pictures that would make it easier to associate the recipes with imagined dishes and it seems to me as if the author didn't really know enough about Middle-Eastern cuisine. Tabouleh is hardly ever served with cucumber and pepper, and definitely with a lot more parsley. Also, he should've mentioned that there is two very much popular varieties of Falafel: One with only chickpeas, the other one consisting of chickpeas AND fava beans.
All the other recipes are a little bit run-of-the-mill. coming originally from the Middle-East maybe my expectations were too high, I don't know.
I will probably give this as a gift to someone who I'm not quite fond of, to be honest.
44 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2016
Lots of tasty recipies
on 28 October 2008
This book has saved my life! I always struggle when I have my veggie friends round for dinner to find something different. But this book has given me so many ideas I'm going to have to have more dinner parties!
on 28 May 2013
A fantastic book, good lay out, a challenge for whoever wants to join a truly vegetarian cooking. Hope to enjoy it for years to come.
on 2 July 2014
great
on 11 July 2011
Surely a book of this type, with all the wonderful colours that the region's food has, is only half-baked without pictures.

Print isnt half as appetising as a picture!
on 20 September 2011
I received the book yesterday and wasnt very impressed. very basic recipies, no picture illustration, doesn't look like I want to cook those receipies at all. I have a lot of cookbooks and this one will be left in the back of the cupboard till a learner will find it and dust it off.