on 26 July 2017
The book arrived on time and we have read some of the tactics. My son came first in his Chess tournament at the weekend, so really pleased.
on 28 June 2016
a bit challenging to understand for a novice
on 23 February 2018
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 July 2017
great for kids
on 14 March 2015
Great little book for kids
on 27 September 2016
Great
on 16 June 2010
I bought this book for my 7 year old son, who's beginning to play chess at school. He loves it, and so do I. I'm a pretty decent club standard player with an extensive chess library, but I still find this entertaining to dip into every now and again.
All of the examples are taken from real games, some at the very highest level. They are clearly diagrammed, the typeface is clear and easy to read (important with books for children), and new ideas are introduced with a diagram every move or two.
Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2014
A present to help my nephew develop his chess skills and is a useful tool for him to use alongside his weekly chess club lessons.
on 3 July 2014
Great book.
on 14 November 2016
This is an excellent book for all ages. I attend a chess group for mature persons, and this book was recommended by our instructor, who uses it in our study, so I wasn't put off by the title. The tactics are explained very clearly and often with passion and wit, with eight board diagrams over a double page to explore each tactic. The level is often well above mine (ECF grade: 65) but it is easy to grasp the tactics as they are so well explained and demonstrated. I have most of the other books in this series and would recommend all.