on 29 August 2017
lovely CD both daughters love it. (aged 4 and 8)
on 9 January 2015
My 7 year old daughter listens to this every night and seems to really enjoy it!
on 1 December 2010
My daughter (4) is a terrible night owl and she will beg me not to put this on, she wants the Famous Five on.....very exciting!! But although the effect does lesson especially if its played a lot, I'd still say she sleeps better and falls a sleep faster with these cds (we have 2) than any other! I will be buying more of them. I'd listen to them myself to be honest.
on 6 March 2013
Christiane has a lovely voice and the adventures are interesting for both girls and boys and my 6 year old wants to hear them. This CD solved my child's sleeplessness in 2 nights. The first night he was a bit wound up about whether it would work which got in the way of him listening. Second night he was asleep very quickly and slept through - first time in ages.
As long as your child DOES LY DOWN and listen to the cd I'm pretty sure it will work for them.
on 20 August 2013
This is an amazing CD with just the right balance of imagery with instruction for calming and soothing your child. This is a really useful way to teach your child how to relax. It brings awareness to the child and adult alike of the importance of the body and mind interaction.

Although the instructions are for older children to follow, my granddaughter likes the soothing quality of the sounds and the words although still not understood (she is only a year old) she likes hearing the stories just the same.

Oh and if like me you tend to want to join in the benefit is that you can become calm too.
on 12 December 2013
First the positive points: There are some nice ideas here for kids relaxation/meditations. I started 'guided meditation' with my daughter as she is trying to get to sleep and she enjoys it, often asking me for 'a relaxation' at bedtime. I bought some of these books and audiobooks to give me some inspiration for and to help her when I'm not around. Like I said, some good ideas here.

Now for the downside. I can't use these recordings, and still have to 'perform' the story myself. These recordings are way too quick. The whole point is help a child to drift off to sleep. I try to do this with the rhythm and pacing of my words, but the narrator here seems to rush through the story. Some sections of the stories could be explored more fully, some sections could use more repetition, and the stories could be longer. Some of these stories are 3 minutes long. Is your child fully asleep withing three minutes? Enough to not be jolted back to wakefulness when the story abruptly ends?

So, nice idea, but I would love to hear a different recording of these.
on 17 August 2015
My 5 year old loves this, and so do I!
on 2 December 2015
worked well thanks
on 10 January 2016
Nice stories; effective relaxation. Excellent
on 23 February 2009
I got this for my 8 year old daughter who has a times been reluctant to climb the wooded hill due to fear of bad dreams. Despite my patience and calmness when bedtime approached, it did at times feel like a never ending battle, however this CD has brought about a sea of tranquility around bedtimes now. The soothing voice and beautifly written guides have truly transformed bedtimes. I would recommend this to any child of any age and certainly any parent who needs a helping hand in getting the little ones off to a peaceful nights slumber.