on 16 July 2014
I used to be a huge fan of Glenn's work but recently I've been noticing that none of his hypnosis seems to have much of an effect on me...I have about 8 of his CD's. It's occured to me that they're all rather vague. Whilst he talks in very positive terms and is encouraging, he doesn't give any specific instructions. I think a personalised session with him might be amazing, but to cover everyone's needs on mass doesn't seem to be working. I think I was a fan of his work because I love his story about beating all the odds and succeeding in life, but sadly that doesn't make the hypnosis work (for me anyway).
on 25 August 2010
Excellent CD, is really helping me to eat healthily (and enjoy it) and is curbing my appetite.

I am certainly eating less and so far have lost half a stone which is fantastic, I am so pleased.

I also sleep much better too. Being deprived of sleep has been proven that you gain more fat as a result. If you are tired all the time then your body craves carbs to give you enery but you also gain weight. So I am sleeping better, less stressed, eating healthier and losing weight, all in all fantastic. My blood suger is now much better controlled, although not diabetic I did suffer from hypoglycemia (flucuating blood suger) but this is also much improved.

So thanks Glen.

Only one tiny improvement I wish there was a suggestion that said you will lose your desire to drink alcohol, which there is not, and those calories in those glasses of wine soon add up. And can sabotage your best intentions. Not that I drink that much, but suggestion on avoiding fattening drinks would be great.

All in all GREAT, BUY IT. But please use it over and over again, not just the once, repetition is the key to sucess.

I have also used many of his other CDS and they all are helpful.
on 18 August 2017
I have tried other CDs from the same person (Glenn Harrold) such as the confidence CD and have found them to be more effective than this one. I do recommend the other CDs Glenn has done but this one might work for you.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 July 2010
I thank my lucky stars that I have got this book and cd! I have a lot of weight to lose and struggle with motivation,particularly at the weekends. Glenn has written this book in such a way that it feels it has been written specifically for you the reader and I think the book on its own is a great motivation tool.

Then you listen to the cd and WOW, its relaxing and again motivational. Glenn has a soothing voice and the beautiful music in the background with the hypnotic suggestions really have hit the spot with me. My relationship with food has already changed, Im finding I am eating to live not the other way around and my self esteem and confidence are coming back and I really thought I had lost those for good. Also, I feel so happy since I have read the book and now listen to the cd every night and you cannot put a price on that.

Anyone who is wondering whether or not to buy this please do because I promise you will not regret it, I will definitely now purchase more of Glenns work, I have tried another hypnotists work in the past but they were nothing like this.....
on 22 January 2014
Probably just me as Glenn Harrold is best selling, but it feels like something knocked up in Only Fools and Horses and his contrived style sounds like one of those characters too .

Tip, Glenn has a site on YouTube ( I found this out too late) , listen to the samples on there and decide if his style is for you .

I have used a Paul McKenna CD for a different purpose and will probably order the Weight Loss from that series.
on 29 April 2009
I bought this CD a couple of months ago in the hope that it would stop me from "grazing on food" from dusk till dawn. It is INCREDIBLE. From the first time of listening I could actually say No to food if I wasn't feeling hungry (I never turned down food before!) and now nearly always choose the healthy option rather than the pastries and only eat when I'm truly hungry. I listen to this CD every night at bedtime and sleep like a baby! I find Glenn Harrold's voice deeply relaxing and am absolutely amazed at the results I've achieved. I've managed to shed a few excess pounds which I'm obviously happy about but I'm so much happier with the way my attitude to food has changed for the better. Glenn Harrold - you are truly wonderful!
on 9 April 2008
I bought this CD purely on the strength of the following reviews and I am very glad I did. I received the disk on the 21st March and today on the 9th April I have lost about three-quarters of a stone (My scales are crap and I try not to concentrate on weight merely on how I feel and how clothes fit).
I have had no trouble using the CD. I listened to the first track for the first couple of weeks but alternate between the two depending on which one I want to listen to. I have put the two tracks onto my mobile phone and have no problems putting the phone into offline mode and listening to Glenn where and when ever I want. His voice is very easy to listen to and I have had no problems with the accent.
I have struggled with my weight for years and when I get bored I just pig out. I can now walk through the kitchen when bored, take a drink of water look at biscuits and bread and say 'no thanks not interested'. For me, a real step forward.
As a side benefit I feel so much better in myself and am sleeping deeper. I find that when I lose weight I snore less so a benefit for my wife which is a bit galling!
A very effective programme.
0Comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 6 January 2012
I found this CD to be very relaxing and easy to follow. Glen's voice is calming and he takes you through each stage and allows things to flow. I have bought several CD's like this but always found they were rushed or I couldn't understand the wording as it was so hurried.I have played this CD several times but must admit not on a daily basis. However when I do use it I have no problem what so ever keeping to a sensible eating pattern. I would recommend this CD.
on 30 June 2012
After almost 4 weeks of listening to this cd, I have lost just over half a stone. I haven't eaten crisps, biscuits or chocolate in all this time, which is a miracle in itself. My water intake has increased, even the way I shop has changed. After day one on trying this I noticed subtle changes, its unbelievable, thank you Glenn Harrold, I now know I can. Get to my target weight and not feel like I'm torturing myself doing it.
on 30 October 2016
Very useful book for whoever wishes to lose weight. The book encloses a CD, which is a good way to listen to the advice given in the book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse