Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 28 July 2005
I love the global view of barefoot books, and that this book will appeal to the girly girl, but still have positive female imagery from diverse cultures - ticks so many boxes for me. the stories are beautiful, and well illustrated. Having the CD is a bonus.
on 26 March 2010
The stories are nice. I read some of them at a slumber party hosted by my daughter. One of the little girls (from Nigeria) wanted to know why the African Princess (The Princess who Lost her Hair story) had long blonde hair and green eyes and I quote "I'm African and my skin is brown and my hair is dark and curly. Why does that princess look different from everyone else in the pictures?". I hadn't noticed at first but that kid had a point. Yeah I know people will read this review and roll their eyes but I just wanted took make the point.
on 9 March 2009
These are stories collected from different parts of the world, which reflect different cultures and attitudes towards women. My children love this book!
on 12 February 2011
A few old and loved stories and a whole lot of oddly engaging wierdness. We love this book ( I say we.. but I really mean the girls, I think it's all very strange).
on 7 August 2013
Well written, illustrated and published . A book to return to oveR and over again and with the DVD makes it so special .
on 22 March 2015