on 21 February 2014
Four stars because, as another reviewer mentions, it's more a guide than a textbook. I would have liked to have known more but perhaps the more is still being discovered.

It is a fascinating guide nonetheless! I felt like something of a pioneer discovering the complexities of domestic life from such a long time ago, in such a remote place albeit through a book - this book. It seems that we have long misunderstood our forebears and their levels of civilisation. I'm astounded and based on this book will visit Skara Brae! (in fact I'm so intrigued (and sure that others would be too!) that I'd like to take a student trip, but from the maps in the book the local area looks a little short of nightlife, so I'm not sure how many would sign up!)
on 19 June 2017
The pages were stuck together and it's a booklet rather than a book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 October 2013
informative and concise but its more of a souvenir guide, not a text book, still value for what i paid for it
on 10 September 2010
This short booklet gives a full insight into the household activities and lifeway of the ancient people that inhabited Skara Brae, a good starting point for study.