Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 August 2014
As a beginner at meditation I was advised to get this by a member of the local Buddhist group who said that it would clearly explain how to meditate and about what to meditate.
It certainly does that, and I have found it very useful indeed. One of the most useful things I have understood from the book is the concept that whatever happens during meditation is not wrong because it is a product of the mind doing what the mind does. The book helps the practitioner to get on track and to get back on track during meditation.
I particularly liked the hand meditation and thought this a good example of a sort of 'meditation subject' that could be applied to other things.
on 27 November 2005
This is one of the best books I've ever read! And I mean it! (And I've read a lot...) A must read for everyone interested in meditation and spiritual life. Wonderful.
on 6 October 2009
This easy-to-read set of reflections, meditations and exercises is a beautifully presented book. I bought it after attending a taster meditation session at a local Buddhist Centre and have found it very helpful indeed. Although I am not a Buddhist I found the content was very inspiring and all the suggested meditation techniques really do work.
on 20 December 2014
Great bloke is Paramananda, good content but I don't like the typesetting ; letters too small, too much space between lines. A text should be legible first and foremost and not a stylistic affectation.
on 13 January 2015
One of the most moving books I've ever read. If you are looking to find some peace in your life, look no further. Life changing.
on 1 April 2016
A wonderful guide to help with having a better perspective on this chaotic life, a guide to a better way of being
on 7 May 2015