on 22 September 2017
Excellent book. Bought for my youngest son as his elder brother has ASD, it was explained very clearly, my youngest is 8, he took alot from it.
on 29 December 2011
..... not for explaining the quirks of a sibling with Asperger's to a child under ten. I bought this book thinking it would be great for such a purpose but the tone, explanations and descriptions seem to relate to classic autism and explaining the problems it causes to a child aged (approx) 12-16. I must admit, I only really flicked through this book as it was apparent pretty quickly it was not what I was looking for. If you are in the position I have described as my take on who it is aimed for and what it covers, it would be a really useful book to have to hand. However, it did not seem to be appropriate for an insight into the world and logic of an AS child so I had no choice but to return it. Still seeking the elusive book with the right answers. For me, it wasn't this one.
on 1 January 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for my Niece this Xmas who is 8 as her Brother has Autism, ADHD and Learning Difficulties and whilst while all aspects of this book didn't relate exactly to my Nephew this was indeed a selling point as showed the differences and 'spectrum' of autism. Well written and my Sister said a lot of adults could learn from reading this book that a 'autistic child' isn't being 'naughty' and as the title of this book says - everybody is different. Well priced and quick delivery of this book.
My Niece said when writing this review that other brothers and sisters would be able to understand more and it was very interesting ( so much so she read it in one go) - buy this book you will be pleased you did and then pass it onto to other people in your family and friends. Well done Fiona Bleach.
on 18 February 2013
This book was purchased for my 9 year old granddaughter to help her understand the issues her 6 year old brother has. As soon as she received it she sat down and read it cover to cover. From discussions she has had with other people it appears she has found this book very helpful. Thank you
on 12 May 2012
I brought this hoping my daughter could take it to school and help the other children understand the condition.
However it reads poorly and actually doesnt explain things clearly at all, It's a shame becasue if every paragraph didn't start with brother/sister it may have been better but the consatnt use of brother/sister gets very very annoying.
on 10 July 2013
This is a great positive explanation of ASD, and a frank and detailed description of the various emotions siblings can have about their brother/sister with ASD. Extremely useful to read and discuss as a family.
on 7 September 2016
Bought this for my 10 yr old daughter to help her understand her brothers condition a little better.
Very impressed and written brilliantly for siblings to have a better understanding.
on 6 August 2013
Again this book helps you to understand some of the things that austistic children go through and to explain to them why it's happening to them...a great book I would highly recommend it
on 2 November 2014
Great book .. very informative. Best to be read by an adult first and then verbalised to young children, so as not to give them ideas that won't exist in their situation.
on 25 February 2014
This is a very good book for siblings. My 11 year old daughter found it to be very informative and it helped her understand her younger sister more.