Customer reviews

on 4 May 2004
I am not a witchy person but did enjoy this book. Part autoboigraphy, it was fascinating to read about Poppy's past lives. Especially her description of her life as a witch some centuries ago and being burned at the stake. She really takes the reader with her through time. Also her description of the seasons was the simplest yet the best I have read.
..and as for finding your safe place and who you might meet there...I will not say any more. Just read it, whether you are witchy or not, as there is much food for thought within the pages of "Seasons of Sorcery.."
on 22 April 2004
I found this book really fascinating, the first part an autobiography andgoing back through the centuries. Yes, Poppy has been through manyinteresting times. Her description later in the book of the cycle of theseasons is the best I have ever come across, simple but giving such goodpictures of them all. Then came finding your safe place...want to find itand more then read it in Seasons of Sorcery...I am not a witchy person ora Phsyic, as far as I know, but Poppy's book does give much food forthought.
on 2 December 1998
Here is a writer who is prepared to share her past-life experiences in an open,honest and courageous way. It is a personal view of one persons pagan practice and is like a breath of fresh air in this respect. As someone who has been 'out in the field' with the author on a psychic quest, I can personally vouch for the amazing accuracy of her psychic material. A deep love of the natural world shines from the pages of this book which is by no means a purely autobiographical piece.This woman tells it as it is and shares her magic which she finds in the deep dark forest and the dew damp meadow. Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2004
I am not a witchy sort of person really but I really enjoyed Popp'ys'Seasons of sorcery'. The first part, more spiritual auto biography, takesyou back through different centuries through Poppy's different 'lives'. The description of her being burned as a witch was gripping and poignant.Further on in the book I found the best description of the cycle of theseasons I have come across. Simple but very vivid. She goes on to tell ushow to find and create our 'safe place' something I have not come acrossbefore. and about finding your very own spirit guide...I think you shouldread the book to find out how..
Fascinating read altogether, for thoseon the witchy way and others like me, for whom it gives much food forthought.