on 9 March 2017
I'm currently in my first year of a therapeutic counselling diploma and bought this book after borrowing it from my college library and very soon finding it to be an indispensable book. Pete Sanders has written a wonderful course companion, which is well thought through, covering a wide range of topics and brilliantly set out. There are good examples, engaging learning activities, interesting quotes and a large number of further reading suggestions. I think this book is a MUST for students on any counselling course. It's quite a large book but don't let that put you off, it's a real gem.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 February 2017
As I am doing my NCFE Diploma I am finding this book very useful. It is just like the First Steps in Counselling Practice as it is short and to the point but easy to read and understand.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 May 2016
This is my course reader. I'm really enjoying using this book. The style is easy to read, the text is not preachy, the authors seem to encourage independent thought. Love the exercises in the margins, they make the learning process more interactive so I feel that I am absorbing the subject matter on multiple levels. Thoroughly recommend to budding counsellors.
on 28 January 2017
Definitely not what I was expecting based on reading First steps in counselling. Its a lot more in depth on certain issues. Its not what I would be looking for as a Level 3 Counselling student.
The delivery was fine and it came well within the time expected.
on 9 April 2017
This book is the third in a series and in my opinion aimed at students beyond basics in counselling and seeking a career in the field excellent book
on 13 October 2017
I bought to help with study L4 diploma course, not actually read it but doubt will come invaluable during next 2 years.
on 8 November 2017
A very useful addition to my growing pile of counselling books. It leads nicely on from the first book and is written in easy to understand language.
on 12 February 2018
Very pleased
on 3 February 2018
This is well written and easy to understand. Product arrived safely and quickly and the book itself is in good condition for being second hand.
VINE VOICEon 17 February 2009
This book was recommended to me buy a counsellor that i was working with and i can see why. I bought first steps in counselling and next steps in counselling. Essential reading for counsellors and mental health nurses or others who use counselling in their field of work.
15 people found this helpful