on 9 June 2017
Great little cook book. No pictures but straightforward recipes so not a problem.
on 7 July 2011
This book is great. Quite tempted to make a 5 course meal but I think we'll start with Pumpkin, Apricot and Ginger Korma and Savoury Fruit Salad, as it's summer :)Going to make these with my little one that's almost 4, it will be an education for us both and great to get her trying new tastes. Can't wait to start.
on 29 March 2014
This book is full of great recipes for any vegan wishing to try something new.

The only downside is that there are no photographs so you have no idea if what you've made looks right. But I guess it's all about the taste...and these recipes all taste great, or at least those that I've tried so far.

During January, my other half decided to eat vegetarian for the month (he's usually a meat eater) and by the end of it, he was joining me in eating vegan as this book provided so much variety and he loved all of the flavours.
on 7 December 2011
As an absolute beginner to vegan cooking or cooking in general, I was sceptical about buying cook books as I seem to get them and they pile up collecting dust. This one however has a full selection of dishes to try from main courses to starters, snacks and desserts. I have so far made 5 of the recipes in the book, all have been superb. I cannot recommend this book highly enough - I have even purchased the Thai version (also fantastic).

No thrills cook book with some superb recipes and results. Just what I was looking for.
on 4 May 2007
Normally, I am not a great fan of cooking books without pictures (must be to do with some strange inner desire to know what the heap of mush I produced was actually supposed to look like) but this book is an exception and has become a real favourite of mine. The recipes are not overly complicated and work even if you couldn't get hold of all ingredients. Depending on how much time and effort you wish to invest, you can find simple dishes or ideas for a big and varied Indian dinner.

Vegans and non-vegans should find this a real treat!
on 24 November 2010
Having only recently turned vegan this book has definitely tipped me into the world of veganism forever. Simple but utterly delicious recipes, a firm favourite already. Recipes getting a big thumbs up from my Indian non-vegan husband & young children as well!
on 3 February 2012
This is a no-nonsense cookbook. There are no photos, but you get a lot of recipes for your money. I've only tried a few dishes so far (which were nice without being spectacular) but will certainly be attempting more over the next few months. Would buy again.
on 17 January 2014
Book has some great ideas and recipes, plenty to keep my occupied. Well worth getting regardless of being a vegan
on 20 April 2014
I bought this for a friend who is vegan and starting out in life in a flat of her own. I also gave her herbs and spices. She has had a blast reading and making the recipies for herself and friends
on 7 March 2013
i Bought this book as I am reducing the number of meals I eat which contain meat but i love Indian food so thought I would try Vegan India cook book