Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 March 2003
This book is a great addition to the shelves of any vegan cook.
It has a menu and recipes for a different dinner party listed for each month of the year, although of course you can cook them anytime.
Each dinner party menu suggested contains a starter, main course, vegetable dishes, sauces and relishes, and dessert.
There is a very useful index of dishes at the back so you can mix and match!
This is one of my favourite cookbooks.
on 25 July 2013
This is great, even for a non-vegan like me. Having found plenty of recipes to try in Buffet and Barbeque book by Linda Majzlik, I decided I would also buy this one. I'm very glad I did and it, also, has many recipes that sound interesting. I would recommend it to anyone. Don't be put off by the 'vegan' label'. If you think about it, especially if you can remember rationing, most people during and for some time after the war, had to make do with vegetables most of the time, so there were, in effect, the original vegans, and they managed to live pretty well. Give it a try.
on 25 February 2008
This book is pretty basic. No pictures. Recipes ranged from so simple they didn't really require directions to rather complicated for something that didn't even sound particularly interesting. The dessert options in particular, were a disappointment. I definitely haven't been inspired to try any of the recipes. Not a bad book, but not worth the space it's taking up on my shelf either.