on 10 November 2013
All I will say is following this diet was definitely not for my health issues. If you suspect you have adrenal fatigue/leaky gut, this REALLY is not for you and may put you in worse health.

I've gone from having moderate adrenal fatigue to having pretty severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. This diet does not support the adrenals and it does not support/heal a leaky gut.

If you notice yourself tolerating the cold less and less, having less energy or craving fruits for burts of energy, then you should stop following this diet.
on 31 October 2014
Great book if you care about your health. Just try it for some months, and you will be surprised.
on 19 October 2015
Concise and scientific. Great book and must read. You don't have to be interested in going "fully raw" to benefit from this book. Simply eating more fruit, and reducing fat will result in some health benefits.
on 27 September 2015
If you are at all interested in getting and maintaining good health, then you must read this book. My journey to this book has been a longer one than I would have liked, but I am grateful to have found it at last.
on 18 July 2015
Load of crock s***, no scientific evidence of any of the claims.
on 12 March 2013
Great Book to get started on..
I love the messege in NO meat and NO dairy, witch is good for ure health, the poor animals and the mother earth (read: The China Study).
I was RAW fruit for 5 days, then most of my monthly food budget was used, so its to expensive for ppl here in Denmark, where fruits have HIGH cost.
So I switched to Starch (John McDougall), a vegan ligestyle, with cooked potatos and rice also (and I can drink my herb tea ect.).
I feel much better and my monthly food budget dont suffer as much.
80/10/10 is for ppl, who wanna live on FRUIT FRUIT and FRUIT (and some veggies) all day, all month, all year.
No cooked meals on 80/10/10, only 100% RAW.
So if u are ready for a 100% RAW lifestyle on FRUIT (and veggies), then 80/10/10 is the right book for u, to get started on!
If You also want cooked foods like potatoes, but still wanna be vegan (like me), then I recomend John McDougall STARCH lifestyle.
I mix it = eating fruit on the morning, raw salad ect. for lunch / sometimes only fruit /sometimes rice or potatoes to the salad, and cooked vegan food for dinner.
You can buy The China Study and McDougall books on Amazone (like I did), enjoy.
on 5 July 2016
I started reading this book thinking that it had some potential, but very quickly this proved not to be the case. There is absolutely no evidence that Douglas N. Graham has an advanced degree, despite him having dubbed himself a doctor, which set off alarm bells immediately as being the sign of someone who thinks he knows a lot more about his subject than he does in actuality. This was immediately confirmed after reading his claims that cooked food causes AIDS, yeast naturally occurs in the blood, and bacteria doesn't cause disease. In fact, most of his claims are either common knowledge or have no basis in fact whatsoever.
The actual premise of the diet itself is not bad, encouraging cutting down on processed and fatty foods and increasing fruit and vegetable consumption, but I would be very wary of following it closely as it is needlessly restrictive and is being pushed by someone with little to no understanding of biology and nutrition and how they interact to create a healthy individual.
on 8 October 2014
Having read alot about the 80/10/10 diet I bought this book to educate myself some more and it definitely educated me, and was an interesting read
on 30 August 2014
Been trying to follow for 2 months. Reasons to be basically 70% fruitariun is very compelling, only wish fruit was cheap. Good read
on 6 November 2015
Excellent and informative book and definitely worth reading if your considering or on the journey towards a low fat raw vegan diet.