on 22 January 2016
A raw foods diet is made up of fresh, whole, unrefined, living, plant-based foods: fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, nuts, and seeds, which are consumed in their natural state.

I am just a normal person, who had every thing going wrong for me, triple heart bypass, vertigo, herpes osteoarthritis, nerves,I hated waking up to the same old ailments, and some times not able to get up, after reading a hundred books, I was advice to read this book, seven months of being alone, all disappeared over night, because Dr Graham has a forum, he will answer any nigleing questions you have, I asked him question after question, all the questions I asked are probably already spelt out in this book, but it feels so good to have so much support, I even asked Dr Graham if I should pay for coaching, he said he would coach me but how about seeing if he could advice me on the forum, this is a person who is not in it for the money, please don't make the same mistakes as me, read this book first, it will save you having cupboards full of unnecessary foods, that some raw foodist think they need, when it should only be fresh, ripe, raw, fruits and vegetables, its not the fruit and vegetables that have healed me, its every thing I eliminated, except FRUITS and VEGETABLES, and a very small amount of nuts and seeds . Fruits and vegetables are the only foods left that are compatible, so I can function at my optimum , and thousands of years ago our body's evolved to eat these foods, DR GRAHAM is spot on, read and re read this book, if I was given this book the day I was adviced I needed a triple heart bypass, I swear I would not have needed to subject my body to this, as I no longer suffer angina, I know my artery's are becoming cleaner and cleaner day by day. WE HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING THE LOTTERY, BUT EVERY ONE CAN WIN THE HEALTH LOTTERY. The 80/10/10 book, should be given out in every Doctors surgery, not pills and supplements.
on 6 July 2009
This is a gereat book that makes you look at food in a very different way.
If you are tempted by a raw food diet this is probably the ultimate guide.
on 26 September 2013
I have been looking for this book for most of my life. I knew that my "normal diet" was harming me in subtle but irritating ways. I have been looking for help and advise on a diet that would be as close to what human beings were designed to eat. I gives you loads of information and help to get you on track. I have been finding it hard to keep off of cooked food altogether, but I am determined to follow all the recommendations eventually. After only three weeks I am feeling less bloated and definately more positive and lighter in myself. Anyone searching for a better way to eat, who is prepared to keep an open mind and give it a go will not be disapointed in this book. I recommend searching out a girl called Freelee on you tube for more inspiration to get you going.
on 5 February 2010
This book is a must for every one who won't accept the manufactured reality. It reads well and provides all the essential information. One of the reviewers here had a bad day and complained that it doesn't do the washing, but it is not an Encyclopedia of Nutrition, Healthcare, Hygiene, etc.! This books gives you enough to understand the concept so you can follow it. If you get attracted then you will know what to read next.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING about Dr Graham's approach is that he is not trying to sell you ANYTHING. No £500 blenders, no £10/gram magic green powders, no dehydrators, no "superfoods". He tells you how to use what Nature gives. This book is worth any money.
0Comment| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2014
I bought this diet book just to learn about different diets out there after studying nutrition. I hate all the hype in the media about diets and advising people what they should and shouldn't eat. You have to tailor a diet to you and no two diets will be the same or offer the same benefits from one person to the next. We are all unique, with different DNA so nothing we eat will have the same effect as the next person. You have to learn as much as you can about how your body is made up of vitamins, fats, minerals and water and then you have to make a diet from clean products yourself. You should never go hungry, you should never force feed yourself. Eat healthy food that you enjoy and most importantly a varied diet. I recommend a book by Kimberly Synder called 'Beauty Detox' which advises you about healthy eating - its simple enough to write what you need to do, cut out refined fats, sugars, processed food, packaged food, baked goods, bread, animal protein, dairy products, gluten products, sweetners - but unfortunately, its a lot harder to cut everything out, I would advise cutting one out at a time. I don't just mean cutting out chocolate this week, biscuits the next and cows milk the week after. I mean cutting out all dairy produce for a month or so, once you are fine with that also then cut out fried food, then add on with sugar - all sugar products etc. My latest investment is a vitamix blender which creates icecream from frozen fruit in seconds very nice and healthy on summers day, makes nut butter from whole nuts, makes soup from whole vegetables within 5 miutes, makes smoothies, houmous, juices, healthy jams, etc. Its an expensive product but you get 5 year guarantee with most of them and its somethine I now use for every meal. It also grounds down avacado nuts and pineapple corks because there are alot of antioxidants and vitamins and fibre in those bits.
on 5 September 2012
This is a fantastic book written by an incredible doctor, and is perfect for anyone wanting to improve their health and lifestyle; cutting out cruel and toxic meats and dairy, and cooked food. Living and eating how are bodies are designed to!
The book is based on scientific facts; as a biologist it all makes sense to me and it should make sense to the average person, too, as it's written very simply. Dr Doug Graham then carries on the scientific stats and evidence with ways you can change your diet to fit these ideals.
Veganism IS the way forward, and the more people that read this book, the better.
on 9 May 2013
If you're looking for maximum health, nutrition & well-being... Or if you're into veganism, raw foods or spirituality... Then this is the book for YOU!

After just recently turning raw vegan myself from being an absolute carnivore, I chose this book to learn about the raw vegan lifestyle, & I'm sooo glad I picked this book, over the other so-called "Raw Guru's" books, like David Wolfe & Matt Monarch... As after doing a bit of research into the raw vegan lifestyle, the 80/10/10 diet comes up trumps every time... No BS, no supplements, no fancy kitchen machinery, just maximum health, nutrition & well-being...

I feel that after reading this book I've saved myself a lot of time & effort, sieving through all the BS & misinformation about the raw vegan lifestyle...

This lifestyle really does work... Try it out!
on 28 August 2014
ok
on 22 November 2011
There are a few books out now and lots of online information about raw food diets. This is a good read, but recommend you do some research online and get some other books. After all, most of these are written on the authors experiences and opinions and not everyone is alike. Take body types, tolerances and allergies for example. This is DEFFINATELY worth gettin, but dont fool yourself that you can take and get all you need to know by picking up any one book.

If your going to buy this (and i'd recommend it) get some others too. I'd Suggest Never be Sick Again / Never Be Fat Again by Raymond Francis and Your Bodies Many Cries For Water by F. Batmanghelidj. A simple search in an online search engine will also reveal some good results. Best of luck!
22 Comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2011
Douglas Graham describes a simple diet to revitalise our health and wellbeing. I have so much more energy and stamina than before. I was not thriving as a vegan until I started to follow the 80/10/10 diet principles. This involves more fruit (for breakfast I have 5-6 subacid/acid fruits and for lunch 10-12 bananas); and less grains, nuts, seeds and vegetable oils (including so-called "healthy" olive oil and houmous, one of my old favourites!). Thank you Doug.

UPDATE 14/7/13: Possibly contrary to the book principles, I have started eating a handful of raw mixed nuts for breakfast and having my fruit for lunch. I feel much stronger and better for it.