on 23 April 2017
I have bought two hard copies and one kindle version of this, such a great way to get to start learning about NVC.
on 15 March 2013
This is a very helpful little pamplet, but it's just that - a pamplet. It has useful tips and insightful advice.
on 26 May 2013
Very logical book and helps put together strong emotions of anger, hostility and animosity in its place. the only work comes in practicing it.
on 6 May 2012
A very short book that has a good philosophy for dealing with everyday anger, but I was disappointed it does not cover how to handle or harness for good the deep-seated anger that comes from serious abuse or threats to the person, which is what I was looking for.
on 6 December 2011
This book, deals specifically with anger and that's what makes it special when compared to the other NVC books. The examples given by the author are so self-explanatory that we only need to follow him. Fantastic!
on 24 February 2011
The Surprising Purpose of Anger, is indeed surprising! I can only recommend this book, truly a gift. Marshall Rosenberg talks about the mechanisms behind anger, what really causes it. If we can learn to listen empathically, which is the basis of Non-Violent Communication we can refocus and diffuse the anger, which is caused by our own thoughts about any given situation. Thank you for this book.
on 12 January 2011
simple language. well structured. full of insights. shows clear steps of how to understand and transform one's anger. highly reccommended.
on 12 May 2015
So informative and eye opening! It will definitely inform my work practice and change my whole way of thinking.
on 22 August 2013
It came to my house and I think that somebody "borrowed"it so haven't read it, love the study of anger.m
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse