on 31 July 2014
I discovered this book to late to rescue my marriage. Marshall Rosenberg was recommended as reading, (you can listen to him relatively easily on You Tube as a taster). The book is well laid out and full of examples and some exercises, Non-Violent Communication comes across as being relatively easy until you try it.
I have been able quite successfully to change the relationship I have with my children, with my son (6) it works really well, my daughter (4) is still a bit to young to recognise needs, nonetheless the atmosphere at home has changed and there are very few emotional outbursts on my part with the children. Home is a much happier and more positive place to be as a result.
Too much has happened inside and outside of my marriage for me not to be judgemental and emotional at this point, I hope that in a couple of months, and after another good effort at reading this book, I will be able to put all I have learnt with my children into practice, allowing me to end my marriage in a positive way. I also have set myself the goal of trying to use these techniques in the work place.
A very good book, if you have difficulties communicating within your marriage or relationship, the you should read the book and try it out.
Like I said, I was too late in discovering non-violent communication. Don't wait, buy it, read it and try it, if you can rescue relationships with those that are most dear to you, then the book will have been worth its weight in gold.
on 9 August 2013
I ordered this book after experiencing relationships issues and have found it really useful. Essentially the author asks us to examine our emotions and respond to other compassionately.
An example he gives - if we are waiting for someone who is late you could respond in 2 ways.You could be angry and decide that the person is disrespecting you or you could decide that the extra time gives you the opportunity to have relax time. The way you respond isn't defined by the event but by the way you interpret the person's motives.

Its a simple concept but explained well
on 12 January 2017
This book should be on the reading list in all schools. Highly recommend it for people of all ages. Allows you to stop taking things so personally, for blaming others and for understanding your feelings and emotions and why you are having them.
on 21 May 2017
The author provides some excellent examples of how NVC can be applied. I found it quite a chore at times to read and understand the process.

I suspect also that it will take some time for me to practice and become familiar with the principles laid out in the book so that it becomes my natural response.
on 23 June 2017
Was pretty good and easy to read, got about half way through and then someone stole my bag with it inside. Hopefully they read it. Seemed kind of nicely ironic from my point of view.
on 10 March 2017
Should be compulsory reading, it can change your life.
on 18 May 2017
Great book and arrived on time
on 15 May 2017
Excellent!!
on 27 January 2017
great reading ...if youa re interested in effective communication. very good
on 11 March 2017
This should be taught in schools and everywhere. It's illuminating and helped me with more honest and clear communication with everyone.