on 28 September 2016
The box just had the book holder and nothing else. The book holder is simple and light, so it is very easy to carry around which is good for students who can take this without adding weight to their already heavy bags with all their textbooks. Its high portability gave me the possibility of having my neck relieved of constantly looking down when im studying in home or library as i take this to all my study locations, when i know i am going to be doing revision.

At first thought, you may think that the build quality of the book holder is poor but it actually is very high quality and is strong enough to hold open all my textbooks, which are very large and heavy. The book holder copes well with all the weight and has a good viewing angle. I did have the fear of the metal at the bottom bending under the weight of the books but so far it has not deformed in its shape in any way.

I am very happy with this book holder and i like the fact that you can simply just fold the book holder and making it thinner than a calculator or even use it as a bookmark in the textbook you were revising from.
review image review image
on 17 June 2009
When I received this item, the accompanying description read: Holds text books, cookbooks, magazines, manuals, newspapers clipboard, binders.

To be fair it works well with some books, especially hardbacks but not at all with magazines or newspapers. The problem is that the wire frame just doesn't give enough support. A clip-on plastic platform could have been included to get round this to give the added support, but it wasn't. You can easily make a hardboard platform to put on the holder (approx 22cm x 7cm)which works quite well. Also, it has a tendency to close up if it is placed on a smooth surface. Again, this can be got round by putting a non slip cover on the wires at the base - shrink wrap works fine, or alternatively make a simple strut to hold it open. So, with a few modifications it can be made to (just about) live up to the claims made on the packaging. But £8 (inc pp) is a lot to pay for four bits of wire and a couple of plastic tubes, when a few little extras could have made it much more versatile.
on 16 February 2014
I bought this thinking I would be able to prop my books up and read while eating at my desk, however, I find it just isn't what I expected. I've tried with novels (paperback) from about 200 pages to 400, and in the larger ones it just can't bare the weight.
That said, I can imagine this product working well with hardbacks, but was disappointed to find it didn't meet my needs.
on 11 August 2017
I bought this thinking it wouldn't last 5 minutes to be honest, but I use it all the time. It holds books easily and takes up so little space when not in use it's perfect for those with a small kitchen.
on 19 August 2012
The book holder has some trouble holding mass-market paperbacks (the ones narrower and shorter than A5), but that's the only difficulty that I've found, and it fades once a person makes his or her way to the middle of the book, when its mass is more evenly distributed on the holder. For this reason alone the product would be marked down, in my opinion, to 4/5, but its usefulness brings it back up to full score, any slight unwieldiness aside. I should note that the holder seems not to have any difficulty holding books larger than this size, as their broader pages make it easier for the holder to get a grip. The ability to read conveniently while eating makes this book holder a worthwhile purchase. I am pleased with this item.

- WJM
on 21 April 2017
It's a book stand that you can stand a book on. Fully adjustable for big and small books. The stand doesn't obscure the print.
on 2 May 2017
handy for holding large books, surprisingly useful as a laptop stand too, if used on a solid surface
on 22 June 2017
Good product, very useful. Although not as good when holding heavier or larger books.
on 17 April 2017
This is a good book holder, and folds to nothing for transport. Really nice
on 17 August 2016
Works really well and most large textbooks can fit in this product! Only downside is some of your Uni friends may take pictures of you and laugh in the library!