on 24 January 2012
This book has been a god-send to me. My partner expressed a wish to be dominated and I had no idea what to do... Started with this book and (thanks to other reviews on here) also brought Screw The Roses Send Me The Thorns.

Do not be put off by any negativity on the wider internet. This has been insightful and helpful to an at first unwilling Dom and has made me realise the depths our relationship can achieve with this lifestyle.

My only advice is to follow the advice in both books (for that reason this review is duplicated for both books) and read around the subject. You can't read one and expect to be an expert and this sentiment is strong within these texts. These are the building blocks and techniques to experiment with before deciding upon the sort of relationship you are looking for. From this a whole new world of sexual exploration has been opened and for that this book must be applauded.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 October 2009
BDSM isn't a very British thing to talk about. In fact anything to do with sex gets us a little awkward, and we tend to resort to humour to defuse the awkwardness. This is a shame as there's more to BDSM than the sensationalist headlines would have you believe. Basically, if you like rollercoasters, then you might well get much out of BDSM.

I like this book. It's a little autobiographical, but that adds to it's charm.
It gently explains some of the art and pitfalls of BDSM in a friendly and welcoming manner. Well worth a read if you're interested in this side of your sexuality.
on 3 November 2016
This is the best book I have read on the subject. I think it's great that many books have been written by women, but I found something lacking in those books in trying to equate to my male Dom / female sub relationship.
on 8 October 2016
It is a Nice read for those serious enough about BDSM to spend the time to read about it. The author has a lot of experience and that book will definetly help you in your journey.
on 21 March 2016
Arrived quickly and in great condition. The book itself is great, very informative, if not entirely compatible with my own style.
on 14 November 2014
Excellent. didn't teach me anything new, but was a good read and great for people that are new to it.
on 15 May 2009
Unusal to come accross a book that is clear concise, funny and gets the point over ...... all the reviews were spot on .... lots of ideas, thought provoking and will keep us entertained for a long time

Its a must have book
on 27 March 2015
Very informative if you are new to the lifestyle
on 1 March 2013
As a female with new curiosity & interest in this type of relationship this book was totally unsuitable. I was hoping to gain more insight into why someone wants & needs to be a dominant. The title is misleading & this is not for the feint hearted! I am by no means narrow minded but the heavier bdsm information (& there's lots) could put a newbie off completely.
I also bought screw the roses & found it far more useful, interesting & better written. It encouraged & inspired me far more than the loving dominant.
Depends what floats your boat I guess !
on 6 February 2015