Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 November 2013
I have been waiting many years for this kindle version of the book. I travel to Italy fairly regularly and carrying the paperback version of the book is very awkward both in terms of weight on the plane and cumbersome in the street . The book itself I don't need to review anybody who loves Italian wine probably owns more than one copy. However the most important thing about a kindle reference book is the search engine as I have found to my cost, dictionary that doesn't search doesn't work. This however is superb, the region, and both of the winery listings work very well. There are two comments I would make 1 for some reason although the engins work on both my kindle and my smart phone they don't work on the Kindle apt of my laptop. 2 it would be nice to have index of wine names. It is for this reason I can only give this 4.5stars , but I will be buying next year's copy.
on 6 March 2013
I've been purchasing this title on a two-yearly basis, for many years. In my opinion, the information provided is honest, clear, concise and accurate. And (yes: I am Dutch) affordable. For those who expect photographs (Gabriella): there are better books for that purpose and you may consider looking at a preview before you purchase.
on 24 February 2016
Good guide on Italy
on 21 February 2013
I am sure that the information that the book contains is very accurate and certainly extremely comprehensive, so in that respect, it fulfills its role. If you were hoping the information to be accompanied by scenes of rolling Tuscan hillsides or sun-soaked Puglian olive groves - or even a few coloured illustrations of wine labels - you will be wildly disappointed; illustrations are non-existant and the symbols denoting the status of each wine need to be studied carefully before you can come to any useful conclusion. Having said all that, I suppose I was looking for pretty pictures as well as information!

Richard Walmsley