'Comedy movie posters' is the twelfth volume in Bruce Hershenson's excellent movie poster series. I have another book: 'Crime movie posters' and as it's the same format as Comedy so I assume all the books follow the same visual style. The way the pages are poster heavy might not be to everyone's taste but (neatly) cramming them in was the only to show so many in eighty pages.

The posters are for movies from the 1920s to 2000 and it's the ones from the late forties into the fifties that I like with their use of color, illustration and lettering creating an exuberant collage style that was used by all the studios. Into the sixties and seventies the style was a mix of photos and illustration and in the last decade of the century photography was the main visual element.

A worthy addition to any movie fan's library.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 November 2012
This book contains a good selection of posters from the 1920's through to the 1980's some I have seen before but many I had not. I particularly like a full page poster of Laurel & Hardy ( one of my favourites ) in Sons of The Desert.