on 29 October 2003
This is quite a good book, however the key to whether you like it/ find it useful is who it is aimed at. This offers quite a few simple experiments - with mostly findable materials - some of which offer nice insights into physical systems - others of which far less so. It doesn't generally tend to make underlying concepts particularly clear - but one probably wouldn't want to do that explicitly at this age. I would not suggest it be used extensively by anyone over 13 - however a few individual experiments may be of interest.
on 29 December 2013
This will come in extremely useful for entertaining my 7-year old on wet weekends! She is endlessly curious and I am certain that this will keep her amused for hours (with some help, of course). I have only given it a 4 as I have not started using it yet. Amazon permitting, I will come back and amend the review once I have tried some of the experiments out!
on 12 December 2015