Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 November 2011
I bought this book alongside John Hermann's book in the same series. Absolutely brilliant and inspirational. Excellent, short and to the point narrative of daily runs to interesting places. This is a book for the exploring motorcyclist who likes to appreciate the surroundings and not just cover large distances in the shortest time. Superb accompanying photos. I found it very useful to sit down with this book and a large scale map to plan some realy good trips incorporating a lot of the advice and knowledge.
on 6 December 2011
A great book with a good selection of routes, with easy to follow directions. The suggested routes are easily adapted if you are looking for a longer or shorter day.
on 6 January 2015
Brilliant book, great for ideas for touring holidays on motorcycles, there are negative comments about it not telling you great roads but all roads are personal to everyone but this book is great for ideas, it does not plan your trip for you.
on 25 February 2014
An excellent read and very informative with clear information that even included places to stay even campsites. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and have planned a trip through Germany this summer loosely based on the 'Band of Brothers Tour' from the book.
on 28 March 2013
I bought this book as I regularly plan motorcycle tours through Europe and any guidance as to the good roads for riding would be useful.
I had hoped that this book would describe the riding more than it does - it has some great routes but tends to focus more on what there is along the way and when you get there, rather than the ride itself. For me both are important.
I have yet to try one of the suggested routes, and it may be that the roads and the ride are fantastic, it just doesn't tell me that.
on 15 January 2015
For me this is a poorly thought out publication which fails to offer the kind of relevant information which motorcyclists could access easily and put to use.
For a start the weight of the book is absurd. Why was such heavy glossy paper chosen? The graphics are poor enough to make it difficult to locate items en route. As for the prose, it reads like a rambling twee letter to your grannie. I don't need to be told that the views are wonderful - I want to know why and where to stop. Was there a memorable cafe or vantage point? Is there a dangerous bend?
The laborious written directions in the text are a waste of time. Are we supposed to keep stopping to refer to them? No, we use maps on tank bags and satnavs.
I can only suggest you give this one a miss.
on 23 August 2013
Useful handbook for the motorcyclist who wants to tour Western Europe. The routes are well chosen and nice but the descriptions somewhat short - but of course the number of pages in one book is limited.
on 12 February 2015
Got this for my dad and he says it's great. Very detailed and informative, everything you need to plan your motorcycle trip.
on 1 May 2016
Well written and good routes and advice. I should have bought the one covering the Alps as this one doesnt
on 27 February 2015
I was surprised how many of the places in the book I have already been, but the book gives me more ideas!