on 18 January 2008
I am writing this having spent the last 2 hours skimming through this book so maybe I missed something but I have to say that, as a (very) basic introduction to all of the subjects covered in the title, this book is ideal. However, an introduction to the subjects is all that the book is good for and could have been as easily written to apply to cars as well as bikes, with a few slightly helpful if obvious tips to actually target the book at bike riders.
To qualify this, my particular reason for buying this book was to look into turbocharging a bike. However, looking on the internet at one turbo manufacturers website, I learnt more from three pages of text than you would ever learn from this book on the subject sadly.

Basically, I would say that if you are serious about applying any of the technologies that the book covers, look elsewhere as this will not cover enough detail for you. However, if you are looking for a basic introduction to these technologies, look no further (but dont expect too much!).