on 17 July 2003
I can't praise these cards enough, I bought these cards many years ago and they were my first pack. Although they are very different from the tradition pack (the suits include winged hearts,wands,swords and crystals )they are a very approachable pack and a great inspiration. The cards are based on both traditional fairytales, beauty and the beast and Cinderella for example, they also include other characters of childhood, including The Hobbit, Wizard of Oz, Huckerberry Fin.I found that these familar literary characters including images of spiritual figures (the archangels and Gaia are included in the court cards) made the pack a very gentle pack to work with. One of the biggest points that attracted me to this set was the fact that the infamous 'Death Card', which despite rarely meaning literal death but instead usually meaning change is not named and instead represented by 'The Sleeping Beauty' card. I think that this is quite a beautiful way of representing the Death card rather than the traditional image of the grim reaper, that does tend to concern the person you are reading for. It is also humourous to note that the traditional 'Devil' card is represented by the 'Big Bad Wolf'.
These cards have been criticised for the sheer size of them which makes them impossible to shuffle. Although this is a disadvantage, there are many ways of geting round this problem including moving them around on the table you are working on. However it is the size of them which makes them so beautiful as like all good tarot cards they are full of symbolism and may make you see the tradtional fairytales in a different light.
The book that accompanies the set contains instructions and explanations of the cards but doesn't give you all the answers instead leting you use your intuition which after all is much of what Tarot is about. The book describes a range of spreads for the cards based on childhood and play including 'CHILD', Rainbow and the 'Spiral Staircase'. The book is well written, and reseached and makes a delightful accomplement to a pack of fascinating cards.
on 10 June 2009
I have had this deck for 14 years now. Its the only Tarot I use. Large cards to use as a focal point for other uses.
The cards have lovely bright happy illustration. The book is very easy to understand with no negative meanings.
This is a great tarot option for those who wish to focus on the positive or productive.
on 24 November 2011
I almost didn't buy them based on the negative reviews - and I'm so glad I trusted my intuition and went ahead and got them. The cards are wonderful!!! So beautiful and fun and inspirational. Definitely not too big and definitely not flimsy. They require creative shuffling, but I do that with all my decks anyway, so not a problem at all. I have been reading tarot for over 20 years and I do it professionally. These cards are a very welcome addition to my small and well-loved collection.
on 2 April 2011
I have to say they arrived very quickly, but were advertised as 'Cards'
The book only arrived in perfect condition, but as it was for a friend's birthday, I was very, very angry that they did not send the cards as well.

I have complained and will return if cards are not sent forthwith.

Gigli
on 24 November 2002
I have the Whimsical Tarot Deck and thought that the Inner Child Cards would be a complement to that deck. However, my first thoughts on receiving the deck and book set were 'Oh no, what have I done?'
The package was extremely heavy and I was amazed at the sheer size of the cards inside. They are enormous.
The cards are brightly coloured but feel like a cornflake packet. I have not found a satisfactory way of shuffling them. The back designs are very crude compared to the pictures, consisting of a bright yellow sun on a plain mid-blue background.
The book is large and heavy. It is entirely weighted towards New Age spirituality and I did not find it particularly helpful in interpreting the cards.
If you are interested in Tarot, archetypes, fairytales or working with children imaginatively, I do not recommend the Inner Child cards. I suggest you try the Whimsical Tarot instead.
on 3 October 2016
I bought this as a thank you gift for a friend; it arrived very much on time, and friend delighted. This is a wonderful Tarot set, a great pleasure to use and something to treasure for the quality of the artwork and writing. It is also amazingly helpful at times.
on 25 January 2015
I am disappointed with the quality of the cards, the illustrations are beautiful but considering how much I paid for the set I would have expected the cards to have been thicker and better. my friend has a set of these are hers are of far superior quality to mine.
on 23 July 2013
I looked at the reviews and was delighted to see that the lady who didnt like the cards had said that they were too large, well for a teaching tool they are fantastic. Great value and delivered on time.
on 30 October 2016
I love this deck, beautiful pictures and lovely descriptions. It's my go to deck.
Dropped one star for the size, the length of them makes them very hard to shuffle comfortably.
on 22 February 2015
Very disappointing. Seems that I paid a lot for a book with only cards in the title, and got no cards. Where's the cards?