on 3 May 1999
When I was reading this book it stroke me how much that the Miens actually knew about their surrounding and how little we know know. I find it very interesting to read about thins that are such like this and look forward to readind your next book.
on 13 September 1998
A fascinating and in the end, uplifting book. I consider it to be the "Hamlet's Mill" of Mayan cosmology and I sincerely hope that it will serve as a departure point for future researchers.
on 17 March 2008
Lots of facts don't make a good read which is a shame as the author obvioulsy knows his subject but its presentation makes the book virtually unreadable

My recommendation would be to hire a good editor and reformat the information into something more readable as the subject deserves a wide audience at this time
on 21 September 1998
I can not understand why people don't take these matters a little more seriously. Cosmogenesis 2012 is not the only book that talks about this scenario, in fact even the bible talks about the same symbolism. You are on the right track, keep up the good work, our ancestors will be proud.
on 24 July 2008
In 2007, I wrote...Whilst this particlar subject is an interesting one, I found the book painful to read. In fact, it is the first book I have ever stopped reading and that was after resorting to skimming through the thing to find something worth reading. A fair proportion of the contents seems to be pseudo-science and half-baked IMHO)and the book left me hoping that December 2012 comes around PDQ. If a comet is a-coming to wipe us out or the poles are going to flip leading us all to lose our collective conciousness as a species, I only hope it makes me forget this work (albeit that the cover is quite nice).
Now, on 21st December 2012, I feel I may have been a little harsh. Perhaps the author accidentally mis-interpreted ancient, esoteric carvings that actually read 2021? Yeah, that right! We have 9 years left! N-nine Years! (Per chance, The title of the next book?)
on 12 May 1999
Jenkins' findings not only extend our understanding of Maya cosmology, they have great significance for humanity at the evolutionary crossroads.
on 29 June 1999
I finished it! But it took me four months. Then I got turned on to a book (I read an excerpt in a magazine) called LightShift 2000 by Ken Kalb, which I was able to read in about 2 or 3 hours. I came upon Chapter 7 called "Making Time on Planet Earth" which was an entire history of popular calendars, plus a solution to Y2K! Then the mystical Chapter 9, The Rites of Passage -- explained in 13 pages -- and took the material a step further -- everything and more I had spent four months laboring on in Mayan Cosmogenesis. I am becoming quite the expert on day keeping these days. Jenkins book is a good one to read during an El Nino winter in the Pacific Northwest.
on 23 August 1998
Generation "X" will LOVE this BOOK.!!