Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 November 1998
As someone who has always had problems with organized Christianity, I approached this book with skepticism. But once I started reading, I found that it cuts straight to the core issues of human existence in a powerful and moving way. The book's key premise is that unconditional love of self and others is the key to ending human suffering. Rather than being presented in a way which is unrealistic or utopian, the cocept is spelled out with great psychological insight and incorporates many ideas I have found in Buddhism and Taoism. The book describes a concrete path for understanding the fear and guilt which keep us from treating ourselves and others with the respect and love we deserve; it teaches us how to really take seriously Jesus' instruction to "Love thy neighbor as thyself." I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in understanding the causes of human suffering and what can be done to leave them behind.
on 6 July 1999
As a student of realising our potential in life through letting go of fear and guilt and bringing in love to my everyday way of being, this is a brilliant book. I have read and enjoyed and benefitted from "A course in miracles", "Conversations with God" and "The Starseed Transmissions" - all ground breaking books in practical spirituality - spirit understanding that can really change your life. This is another one of these. It is SO good at showing the links between the guilt and fear we carry and all the problems we inadvertantly create, each in our own world. It is so clear and concise and easy to understand. Thank you Paul, and of the course the Christ within all of us!
on 15 April 2004
This book is such an enjoyable read. Usually I would read a book like this in 1 day, but this book was so rich in practical profound teaching I found it took me an enjoyable week to finish. It teaches the simple truth that we are the cause of and solution to all of our problems. We hold on to our limitations because they define us, but they also limit us. This book teaches us that we have the choice to be limited or limitless. Simply empowering. I would recommend it to anyone. Once you understand that you can only see yourself in others and release them from blame you begin to take responsibility for all the circumstances in your life and in doing so you find the power of love.
on 7 January 1999
Very straight and to the point. I like this one better than the Conversations with God series! It is much more direct and to the point! A wonderful book and a MUST READ for all metaphysicians!
on 10 April 1999
Although there is good advice on forgiveness, the writing style is waaaaaaaaayyyyyy to preachy for me. It seems like almost every sentence contains the word, "you." You do this, you do that, you think this, you don't think that, you fear this, you, you, you, you, you, you, you, you. Perhaps the book would have a different impact on me if I were a lapsed Catholic, but the message is greatly diminished by the style.
on 11 November 2014
I find all Paul Ferrinis books are wonderful and I am planning to buy many more. Beautifully written, without being complex. Simple is always good. I love his style of writing, from the heart.
on 8 February 2016
An amazing book. It is the book I have recommended the most over the years. The teachings are simple but very profound. I read it again and again and always learn more each time.
on 15 March 2013
This was recommended to me by a friend and I am so pleased I listened to her. It is the most beautiful book which I will treasure for a long time.
on 12 October 2014
If we make love a condition, we get the condition not love! A wonder-full book that calls forth the internal vibration of Jesus that we all carry.
on 14 October 2015
BEAUTIFUL read. Reminds us to stay in touch with all the good in us. I certainly feel calmer after absorbing the message of this book.