on 28 November 2001
Do you feel trapped by poor choices you have made?
Do you somehow feel consigned to God's "second-best" plan for your life?
Are you on the verge of some important decisions wondering what God would have you do? Then this book is for you!
It contains liberating insights about God's will while remaining accurate to the Word of God in the Bible. 'Guidance and the voice of God' shows the biblical truths about God's voice and how He guides. It highlights some of the most common misconceptions and 'reveals' a simple and accurate understanding of God's will. Whereas many may feel that the whole area of guidance is shrouded in mystery, this book shows how God's guidance is quite the opposite - accessible to all.
on 5 September 2009
If you're anything like me this is a question that rears it's head time and again. Oh for an easy answer or a sign in the sky. This book doesn't contain the explicit specific guidance you're looking for in whatever dilemma(s!?) you're facing (that is impossible). Rather it gives practical, common sensical, down to earth biblical wisdom which it works out in worked examples at the end, and equips you to make the choice yourself.
Helpful and readable. Helped me understand things from God's perspective, what matters most to him, rather than my abundance of questions.
This isn't just a question in my own life, but something I see in friends struggling with relationships (Is he the one?), job (Can I see myself doing this for the rest of my life?), mission (is God calling me into fulltime service?). So I bought one not just to read but to share.
If God had wanted us to be robots he would have programmed us with what to do. Rather he has made us living, breathing, complex, confusing, beings who are designed for a relationship with him, which involves love and trust. This book reminds me I'm lazy and look for easy answers, whereas God desires I grow up and make mature decisions, confident in his grace and big plan, not neurotically willing I missed God's plan A for my life.
Guidance wasn't meant to be easy, it was designed for us to grow in love, trust and maturity.
on 5 March 2008
I know i'm always asking the question above! I'm only 16 but am constantly considering what i should do in my Christian life, should i live here or there, should i go to university and whether or not i'm cut out for ministry etc.

Guidance and the voice of God reminded me that there is no second best when it comes to God, his perfect plan has already ordained what we do. Pray and go...If you're a christian of any age from anywhere read it.

God Bless

P.S. this was my first EVER christian book and it ROCKED! and was easy to read.
on 18 September 2014
Clear, biblical & down to earth.