Customer reviews

on 12 December 2012
I live in NZ and was handed "Satan Wants Me" by a British friend. Loved the book, but unfortunately lended to a travelling friend and have never had the pleasure of re-reading. It seems impossible to buy any of Robert Irwin's books in NZ, so when trying to purchase the book again from Amazon I thought I'd take a punt on "Exquisite Corpse" instead.
The guy just takes you down very unlikely paths. You give up guessing the plot quite early on and let the books take you. Both books are excellent and I just find it unbelievable that they are consumed by so few. If I had written either of these books I'd be very very proud of myself. Hope you read this review Robert, love your work buddy.
on 7 August 2008
I loved this book and found it utterly compelling - a light-hearted look at an eccentric group of surrealists in 1930's London. This book is highly humourous and full of twists. A joy to read. If only more books were as wacky and unpredictable as this.
on 1 June 1999
Irwin has produced his masterpiece with this novel. His unusual narrative strength draws the reader into the plot while at the same time challenging his or her conception of reality. Utterly readable while at the same time thought provoking.