on 13 July 2008
What a gem of a book. I was looking at it on here several times over a two week period while making my selection on a guide for the Cotswolds. I choose it as it was called "The Definitive Guide" so figured it had to be fairly good.

What a shock when it arrived, as fairly good is a masterpiece of understatement!

The book is about the only one you will need as it features everything of interest in this region. We had planned for five days here, looks like we will need to extend that. Peter Titchmarsh has lovingly put together years of research in this 170 page volume leaving the reader with what I can only call "The Perfect Guide Book" Lots of photographs and jammed packed from cover to cover with information. Look around all you want, you won't find a better guide to the Cotswolds.

And even if you are not planning to go there, buy it, it makes a great read and you will soon add the Cotswolds to your holiday list.
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 April 2011
I bought this guide on the recommendation of another reviewer. The guide didn't provide me with any of the information I was looking for and was a huge disappointment. Whilst there is information on many of the villages, most of the content was historical information. If you are looking for recommendations, up to date information on things to do, eating out guides etc I would suggest you look elsewhere!
on 26 August 2012
If you are looking for guide that emphasizes the history of towns and villages, this one is very good, indeed.
on 31 March 2013
A very outdated book -no date of issue when I bought this -obvious as soon as opening that very old -boring as no colour pics of places -& tourist hotspots obviously changed a lot since this book was printed.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse