Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 4 May 2017
The definition of a novelty item. A tiny book with huge pretensions. Random extracts from Culpeper's writings. No context. No explanatory, bibliographical, or etymological notes. No point, really.
on 13 May 2013
A brilliant pocket sized book for those interested in herbal remedies, though I don't think I'll be trying any just at the moment
on 23 June 2013
Totally overpriced for what it is. It's tiny and thin. I had expected an assortment of quirky and "icky" remedies, but apart from a few, none of them were anything like it. Then I thought, ok, is there anything that I could use today, but even there the book disappointed, as other alternative remedies are far easier available.
Also a little bit about Tudor medial treatments would have been welcome.
So, overall, I wish I wouldn't have bought it and will certainly not recommend it.
on 21 January 2015