on 26 August 2016
This is a brilliant book for birders and wildlife enthusiasts. I bought it for a birding holiday in the Gambia and it had all of the birds we needed in it. I subsequently took it to South Africa, and it was also useful in Tanzania as there was some crossover. I would highly recommend it.
on 22 February 2013
I've got an older photo field-guide by Ian Sinclair but this book is far better. As usual the species drawings and distribution maps are excellent and the descriptions first class. Don't leave home without this in your day sac - unless you're already an expert in the regions birds!
on 3 May 2014
An excellent book for Birders in Southern Africa. The Third Edition has both the old names and the new names which was useful. I understand that the Forth Edition has only the new names. i.e. Black-eyed Bulbul is now Dark-capped Bulbul!
on 3 July 2013
Have had this book around our family growing up in Zimbabwe, and travelling South Africa, and it has been a lot of fun trying to ID the birds around us. Not sure if there is another book of this calibre covering this area out there!
on 14 September 2015
This book proved very useful on a recent photo safari to Namibia. I was able to identify most of the birds that we saw. As usual there a some small brown one's I have yet to identify. Overall an excellent book.
on 9 March 2013
We will soon be going to South Africa on holiday and as bird watching will be the main theme this book ticks every box.
The colour drawings and descriptive maps are just what we are looking for.
on 19 February 2015
Bought this prior to safari holiday after reading previous reviews. Would recommend to anyone, clear & easy to use, lovely pictures & an essential but of kit. Would not go without it in the future.
on 9 February 2009
The right product, delivered with no delay. As usual, I am more than satisfied from Amazon. Nothing more to expect.
on 10 January 2016
Excellent - the definitive guide for Southern Africa. Easy to use - compact enough in the field but with sufficient detail to be used with accuracy. The illustrations are high quality too.
on 10 May 2013
Got this book before travelling to South Africa for a holiday hope it will be useful to get to know the birds before going. Seems well set out and easy to use.