Customer reviews

on 2 February 2002
My daughter, who has a degree in zoology, was off on a trip to Madagascar last year and I decided to meet up with her towards the end of her trip and see some of Madagagascar. Fantastic place! The book was incredibly helpful at telling us the best places to go, the local customs, details about money, contacts with home ('phones, e-mail facilities and so on), eating and drinking.
Like a good car workshop manual or a good cookbook, my copy is dog-eared and greasy and falling apart - a good testamemt to how often I referred to it. A bible not to be without in this country!
Highly recommended!
on 19 July 2012
An excellent,informative little book,just what one would expect from Lonely Planet.it will be invaluable on my trip to the island.