Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 May 2010
As always, Quentin Blake's books are a delight and Angelica Sprocket's Pockets is no exception. The storyline is entertaining with good use of rhyming language and the drawings are just brilliant. All my grandchildren love it even the older ones, and it makes the perfect present for self reading or being read to. I thought Mr Magnolia was good but this is better!
on 14 March 2015
My son just loves this book, which we first borrowed from the library, but now I have ordered his own copy. Angelica has this insane coat with pockets full of what you might need and not really need. Like palm trees, pots and pans, a sink, a crocodile, but also swim wear, ice creams and hats. Just because it is so insane, my son laughs at it, because children know that you can not have those things in your pocket. He also finds it exciting to see what the next page, will bring out of the pockets, so there is an element of surprise, no matter how many times you have read it,
on 22 June 2013
My 3 1/2 year old daughter loves the different things that come out of Angelica Sprocket's pockets. I really enjoy reading this book to her and she likes reading her version back to me. Fun learning at it's best!
on 25 April 2012
I read this book to my two-year-old, and she was utterly captivated by the drawings. The look of sheer amazement and delight when the children pull a pink elephant out of one of Angelica Sprocket's pockets was worth the cover price alone.

Quentin Blake is a great illustrator, and his writing has a great sense of fun, which makes this book a delight to share with young children. Much loved in our house, and highly recommended!
on 21 March 2013
I used this book with the kids in my year 2 class recently and they really enjoyed it the story.
on 4 January 2013
What a magical, funny, delightful book! Another gem from Quentin Blake. Now....does Angelica Sprocket have a pocket for my
keys?
on 1 December 2010
My daughter is old 4 months old and loves this book before bedtime. The pictures are big and bright enough to capture her attention, while the rhyme is interesting and engaging, all without being over stimulating. I think she will continue to enjoy this book for a few years to come, eventually joining in with the story as we read. A great book, I thoroughly recommend it.
on 8 January 2015
My Child found out about this book at school she likes the pictures and can read it in her own not to long about 10 minutes for her to read. She is in year 1 age 5
on 3 April 2016
For Book Week at school, I made a coat with many pockets and the children had great fun searching for items in different coloured pockets!
on 15 October 2014
Found a spanish version of this in a children's library in Spain so bought this one. Delightful lovely illustrations and text.