Customer reviews

on 4 December 2016
This book was a present for a 4 year old who loves Shirley Hughes' books. As far as I know she is delighted with it.
on 20 August 2015
bought for my two year old as we just lost a family pet. The sentiment was there, but I think it went over his head a bit. probably better for 4-5 year olds.
on 15 January 2016
Lovely book. great service
on 9 April 2013
Another beautifully written story book by Shirley Hughes, who is a favourite in our house.

This story is particularly good as it teaches young children that pets don't live forever, which has helped my 5 year old daughter understand the death of our cat this year, as I was finding it quite difficult to explain it to her without upsetting her too much.
on 9 October 2013
We read the Alfie series to our own children and now we are reading to the grandchildren. Well written and beautifully illustrated as always.
on 17 November 2017
Great classic children's author
on 13 September 2014
GREAT BOOKS
on 28 February 2015
happy with book
on 9 June 2012
This is another lovely book by Shirley Hughes. It deals with the death of a much loved pet with great tact and sensitivity.
Although it is sad, it has a happy ending.
on 1 April 2015
My step son Alfie lives this series