The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 January 2018
For a long time I had wanted to read this book after a friend had recommended it however I have only recently purchased this book and finally read it. I thought the book was ok, it started off good and kept moving swiftly but then the last two chapters and the ending really upset me. How could it just end so abruptly?
I am not the person to spoil it for anyone who will read this book after me but the ending really sucks.
on 1 August 2017
A lovely classic children's story had to be read, but such a very sad ending, which makes me think should I have read that book to my grandchildren leaves so much unexplained and with with inquisitive minds I would have had to try and explain to my Grandchildren far more deeper reasons for them missing/disappeared..
on 5 December 2017
This is a Christmas gift for a 10 year old. I'm a little worried for her as she's asked for lots of WW2 books like this. Personally, I'd have preferred to have given her some "David Walliams" books as they are a little cheerier, but in this festive spirit, she's got what she asked for.
on 17 September 2017
The book is very well written to engage readers. Having used it as a shared reading text in school, I have found the language, structure & pace of the book to be superb.
on 28 April 2017
Only started reading this book today and have already perused 118 pages. If you thought the film was good, the book in comparison is great. Highly recommend.
on 28 November 2017
Before I read this I was expecting a sad, hard read but not that outcome. Excellent writing from a very different viewpoint. This shall be on School reading lists for some time.
on 11 September 2013
I have read this book before. It was borrowed from the library and I found it fascinating. Because I had to read it in a hurry although it was very easy because it is one of those books which is hard to put down, I would have liked to have read it again. Therefore, I decided to purchase it so I could read it in my own time. Brilliant, brilliant book.
on 18 July 2017
A beautiful and touching book. I have read this many times and am now enjoying with my 11 year old daughter.
on 21 December 2017
i read this a few mounths ago and it is the best book by far the book leaves gaps so you need to read between the lines. I am a world war 2 adict i love learning about it so therefore this so good and mystery so i watched the film and cryidd so much
Warning: tissues needed
read this and you wont be able to put it down so go ahead and read your heart out.
on 3 January 2018
Excellent and emotional. Much better than the film. I also bought it on Audible so that I could play it to my children and explain areas which I thought they needed to understand better. I didn't want them to watch the movie before reading (listening to the book) and am glad I did.