Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 October 2008
I shunned this book a couple of months ago because it starts off talking about 'being grounded' and I didn't think my 6 and a half year old would understand, however I had a change of heart after reading reviews on here-and I'm really glad I did! It is definitely not pitched too high for a 6/7 year old and my daughter has really enjoyed the tales of Daisy's highs and lows. It has been a favourite at bedtime and also she has enjoyed reading it alone. The story is written in a diary style format from Daisy's point of view and it has many, many laughs along the way. Daisy is an endearing character and adults will sympathise with Daisy's mum! Highly recommended for 7 year olds. We will be giving it as presents to friends!
on 3 April 2015
Part of a threesome bought to complete granddaughter's collection. She loves them, so I should probably give it 5 stars (but as a granny, I'm allowed to be awkward). I prefer 'Room-on-a-broom' type lyricism, but for a learning-to-read-yourself book, these are really very good indeed, especially as they split up easily into one-night-at-a-time chunks.
on 13 January 2015
My daughter has just turned seven and is an advanced reader in her class but up until now was reluctant to move onto chapter books and novels... Up until daisy came along. These are perfect length and level for a chapter before bedtime. We started with 'the trouble with Sports day' but has now also read the rest. Cute and funny books for children who are young but good readers.
on 5 March 2015
Despite being slightly too old for her my little girl (who is 4 in March) loves this story told in the first person. She did not get bored at all while we were reading it to her and wanted to have it three days running until it was finished.
on 28 November 2012
The first Daisy book my daughter read came from the local library. Since then she is constantly pestering me for more :)

My observation is that the stories are well written and very enticing for the young ones. She can easily spend an hour with this book (which is a lot at her age), and I've seen her re-reading some section which she liked. It offers her a lot of entertainment, and that is good enough for me.
on 10 January 2009
I bought this for my daughters Christmas as she is now reading paperbacks and thought this would be good as she enjoyed 'Eat Your Peas'. I could hear her giggling in her bedroom and found that she was reading this. I have to say I found it amusing myself. Daisy is a 'glass half empty type of kid' and this is how she blames the consequences of her actions on anything else she can think of. I laughed out loud myself at the 'sherbet dib dab' incident.

This was a really enjoyable little book with tongue in cheek humour, none of which is inappropriate for the market it is aimed at. It has amusing illustrations which is good as some kids are put off by the lack of pictures in paperback books. The chapters are short so its a good transition from read aloud books to going it alone and the prose is easy to read with no big or difficult words.

Also comes with its own Daisy bookmark. Being pestered already to buy the two sequels.
on 7 August 2008
I've had this book for over a month now, and I still enjoy reading it. My little sister likes reading the book too. At the end of each of the first few chapters, Daisy says "Excuse me a minute! I need to go somewhere!" which is really funny. She says that because she has eaten a sweet off the pavement, so DO NOT BUY this book if you hate disgusting things, but other than that the book is GREAT and can reccommend it to everyone.
I've got to say that the Daisy and the trouble with Life and Daisy and the trouble with Zoos stories ARE FANTASTIC, I take them on almost every car journey for me and my little sister to read, I'm getting the Daisy and the trouble with Giants, which was released only today, either this week or next week.
on 2 November 2008
I enjoyed reading it. It was about a girl who ate a dib dab sweet off the pavement and could not play with her friend Gabby when she really wanted to do spells on tibbles the next door neighbour's cat. This book was one of the best I ever read and Daisy is a very good character for many books including eat your peas for younger children and chapter books like this for older children like me. I really recommend this for other children and I recommend the other daisy books too By Rebecca age 8
on 20 October 2011
I've been reading this to my daughter and she keeps asking me why does Daisy fuss so much? She is always moaning!... and she goes on and on about different stuff.

My daughter enjoyed it but I think Daisy was getting on her nerves a bit by the end!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2015
Daisy is having troubles being grounded.She doesn't understand that eating a strawberry dibdab off the floor out side a toy shop was so nauty? Well her mum thought it was.Daisy goes to the toilet on every chapter! This is all because of eating one little lolly! Gabby and Daisy want to turn Tiptoes into a hippopotamus but daisy is not allowd out of the house!? SO UN FAIR !!! This book is a great book for young children and older children. I injoyed this book because it was funny and serious at the same time.