Customer reviews

on 13 February 2014
The Redwall series was one of the first books I read in primary school and owing to my terrible memory, I've only just remembered them and rediscovered them. Even now, approaching thirty years old, I found I still enjoyed this story just as much as when I was a child. That's the measure of true, great storyteller and a timeless, classic fantasy story. I'm looking forward to reading these books to my kids one day.
on 20 October 2015
55 and my grand children are reading these books and enjoying them and in time I am sure their children will do the same.
on 11 December 2012
My daughter adores this Redwall series and is doing music practice, homework and even housework in order to earn as many of the books as possible. Salamandastron is obviously just as good as the previous books earned as she has already started working for the next one.
on 15 October 2015
Fast delivery and came exactly as described
on 11 April 2015
Exactly as expected
on 20 March 1998
I just finished reading SALAMANDASTRON, and I can't say what I thought of it more clearly than this: One of the best books I have ever read! I noticed that the illustrations are a bit out of proportion, but so what? It's the book that counts! I've read only one other Redwall book: Redwall itself. I loved, or rather hated(meaning the villains themselves)the way Klitch and Ferahgo were described, and grimaced at just how evil they were. "What in the world could be more evil than Ferahgo?" I kept thinking to myself. But about the better creatures, I like Thrugg the best, and Pikkle Ffolger. The scene I liked most was when Pikkle says "It's bad form to stop a fellow in mid-scoff!" Ha-ha-ha! The battle cry for Salamandastron is one of the only ways to describe this book in one word, so "Eulaliaaaaaaa!"
on 23 February 1999
In Salamandastron, all is peaceful until Ferahgo the Assassin and his army of Corpsemakers arrive, putting Salamandastron under siege. However, who knows that Mara, daughter of Urthstripe, the badger Lord of Salamandastron is in terrible danger? But when a lightning bolt reveals the sword of Martin the Warrior to young Samkim, his and Mara's life become closely entwined. Danger is also heading towards Redwall Abbey, this time in the form of the deadly Dryditch Fever. It is rumored that the ony thing that can cure this are the Flowers of Icetor. So Throgg the otter sets out to find them. They grow only under the nest of the Wild King MacPhearsome. This series is truly enchanting!! - Katriel Cohn-Gordon
One person found this helpful
on 9 November 1997
This was a great book! The best in the sieres. Brian Jacques did a magnificent job! The characters are described very well and are very easy to relate to. This is also one of the most adventurous books in the sieres. The battles are described in great detail. The book is so suspenceful that you are on the edge of your seat. After picking this book up, you will not be able to put it down. This is a must read for ALL Brian Jacques and adventure fans. If you like great literature, you will LOVE this book. If you do not read this book, you will be missing out on a great story! Buy it TODAY!
on 5 July 1998
This is THE greatest novel Brian Jacques has written in the Redwall series! It features the badger Sunflash the Mace, son of Bella of Brockhall. He, after being lost as a child, grows up in the woodlands. After a conflict with Swart Sixclaw, Sunflash journeys to Salamandastron, the mountain home of hares and badger lords. Sixclaw also comes to Salamandastron, where he fights with Sunflash, and the hares of the Long Patrol. This exciting story can be read again and again! A definite 5 star story!
on 13 June 1999
I loved this book! It was the greatest one in the series. The characters are fun, the plot is great (the treasure idea was good, and the villain was very villainous). For some reason, Jacques latter works are not as good as his earlier ones; they are still good, don't get me wrong. Its just that he spends less time on the characters and details than he used to. Anyway, this is the best, and then there's Martin the Warrior, which is WONDERFUL. Read both of them. Then read the WHOLE SERIES!