Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 October 2012
Blake Morrison's memoir of his father and family is great read, vivid, funny and revealing. His father may be irascible at times but there is great tenderness as well as honesty in Morrison's portrayal.
on 28 December 2014
Moving and funny. A great holiday read.
on 13 January 2013
This is a beautiful book, well written, amusing and poignant. I read this book pretty much in one go over Christmas; once I'd started it I found it hard to put down.
on 27 August 2013
For anyone who has lost a father you can totally relate to it. It describes the biggest process of growing up you will go through with honesty and humour.
on 8 October 2015
A compelling insight into the relationship between a father and his grown son - life isn't always perfect. Well written realistic and engaging.
on 23 September 2013
Bought this for my Mother, she had been wanting to read it for ages. She was delighted and it came up to her expectations
on 8 June 2009
A loving memoir of a flawed but interesting man - Morrison writes well and fascinatingly about his father and family.
on 12 November 2016
We have been reading this in Uni and we have been captured. Funny, poignant and sometimes sad superb piece of prose
on 18 June 2013
I was recommended this bok by my sister - in - law as sh had enjoyed it and it was quite good
on 7 December 2014
A delightful read especially as I come from Skipton. I understand the eccentricities so well.