Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on 21 January 2012
This is my favourite of the 'Style Me Vintage' series, it's jam-packed with really useful and no-nonsense advice from what to look out for when vintage shopping to how to remove stale sweat smell.

I am hugely passionate about vintage and as such know quite a lot about period styles, yet I still found this an interesting read - although I think this book will be particularly useful for those new to vintage.

The styles for each decade (usually various looks including daywear, evening wear, formal and more casual styles) are beautifully put together and immaculately styled.

Within the constraints of the format (this isn't meant to be a detailed study)this is a really nifty little guide which works both as an introduction to vintage shopping and styles as well as a lovely read for long-term vintage lovers.
on 17 April 2012
This is a beautifully presented little book, got some great tips on different cuts for different era's and lovely photo's, and I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who is just wanting to get into vintage and repro clothing for different era's. There are also some great treatment tips.
The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that for me all it did was confirm what I had already thought and gleaned from different websites and publications..... but I have done an awful lot of internet trawling and you-tube posts.
For your one-stop shop it's a definate buy and always lovely to have on the shelf.... I actually have two as I bought on and was kindly given one as a birthday present
on 10 May 2012
This is a fantastic book, I bought in conjunction with Vintage Tea Party (which incidentally is also wonderful).

It has a great deal of practical information when sourcing vintage pieces, especially for the complete beginner and also details how to put together a look based on year.

A very worthwhile purchase, even if you just want to flick through pictures of pretty things
on 22 February 2013
A great book for the vintage fan ,even if you only thinking about vintage buy it a very good read.