Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 December 2011
Oz Clark is arguably Britain's best-loved wine expert. Here he shares his extensive knowledge with us, giving us his pick of the best wines for 2012. He knows what wine drinkers want today, that is flavour, individuality, and value for money. The guide includes robust reds, delicate whites, sparkling wines, ports, sherries and more. There are sections on wine flavours, storing, serving and tasting, a wine finder by country and producer, and a directory of the UK's top wine retailers from wine merchants to supermarkets and high street outlets. This is a great guide to help you make hassle free wine choices.
on 3 January 2012
This book was a gift for my husband. He finds it interesting and a useful guide. It's nice to have some wines to look out for in the shops.
The book would have been nice in colour - but not a big deal. Also, some of the retailers aren't available nationwide, but haven't searched a great deal if I'm honest.
Good value book that kept my husbands attention more than any other gift this Christmas!
on 27 November 2012
I have just started to enter the world of wine with intro from this book which I bought for 1 pence in used copy. Very helpful to choose my wine indeed, however it is quite a work chasing these particular wines down from the websites.
A good purchase nevertheless.
on 28 November 2011
I have bought this for a christmas present so I can not realy comment on the content and how useful it would be however previous Oz clarke books have been very well received and I think this is a nicely designed book and a hand size.