on 9 March 2017
Great book can't wait to put it to use.
on 3 May 2011
I get fed up with the usual basic stuff when away in our caravan so was looking forward to something more inspirational but unfortunately the recipes in this book are much too involved for my requirements. Don't want to spend too much time cooking. Also I don't have storage room for all the equipment/ingredients!
on 7 April 2011
I found the book Caravan Cookbook, very easy to use and the out lay of the book was easy to follow. The colour of the pictures show you what your finished product should look like.The recipes were tasty (the ones I have tried) and to get all ingredients were also easy to purchase. Any one who hase a caravan or like outdoor cooking should get this book.
on 4 March 2011
I love this cookbook. It is perfect for me with easy to understand, delicious recipes which my family love. Using the book is a pleasure in itself as the photos are gorgeous and it has a breezy, retro feel to it. In response to an earlier review, I have made the slow cook chicken and found the timing was perfect. I would recommend this to all my friends.
on 15 August 2011
A beautiful cookery book that is practical and inspiring.
Reading the book has widened the meals I cook in our camper van; the recipes are easy to follow and good to eat.
The photographs in the book are also amazing and it is a joy to leaf through.
A wonderful gift for any motorhomer or caravanner.
on 1 March 2011
For anyone tired of bringing out yet another can of baked beans in a damp caravan, or feeling like chucking in the towel with the 400th sausage on the barbie - this book is a godsend. Full of quick, easy and super tasty recipes which can easily be adapted to suit your own needs. The cider chicken is a brilliant supper dish - and you don't even need a caravan - works just as well in a home kitchen! The book has a lovely retro feel, is small enough to stow under the seat, and is filled with up to date recipes. I can't wait to take it on holiday!
on 16 April 2014
It's a nice enough cook book but most of the recipes are a bit over the top in my view for caravanning, we don't want to spend our time away over the oven cooking had hoped for quick and easy recipes so we could eat well and be off enjoying our holiday
on 6 February 2011
Some good recipes, and I would have given it five stars, but the slow cooker timings are totally wrong! For instance, the book says you need to cook a whole chicken in the slow cooker on high for 2 hours. This would mean the chicken was not cooked, and would be dangerous! A whole chicken needs six to eight hours on high in a slow cooker.
on 22 March 2013
I was disappointed with this book, the recipes sounded great for a lovely hot summer with deli handy, but not quite the same on a cold wet campsite in the UK. I expected quick easy and fun rather than ingredients which my lot wouldn't' eat or local shop won't sell, such as whitebait and scallops. I have seen better books with less faff.
on 17 February 2011
I bought the book recently and tried out lots of the recipes they are amazing!!! The book is very easy to understand and the results are fantastic. I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys cooking!!!