Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 April 2013
I was not impressed with this book as I have seen similar patterns elsewhere. I hoped that Susie Johns would have a really good cat pattern but I was disappointed with her view of cats. I found nothing new (to me) here and nothing inspiring but don't let me put you off. The book is true to its title. As a collection of knitted pets, it delivers patterns for all the usual suspects including birds and fish, and then expands to a tarantula, snake and iguana.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 7 January 2013
I LOVE this book; it's worth buying for the iguana alone! There's 15 pets in all; cats and kittens (love the picture of a knitted cat doing a 'roly-poly'); puppies and dachshunds; rodents (mice, guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits); goldfish; budgies and parrots and snakes...
The sizing isn't necessarily to life - some are out of scale to others. And be aware that most are knitted in the round.
But it's absolutely inspiring for any knitter with kids in the family!

PS My nephew wants a bearded dragon, so have just borrowed this book from library and made him an iguana (told you it was only a matter of time!) Totally simple (except for back feet which I had to re-invent slightly as I couldn't quite follow pattern - but looks fine). And the finished object is to die for!!
review image
on 18 November 2012
Excellent book, brigh pictures and easY to understand knitting instructions. Only fault is, you have to knOw hoe to knit with several needles or the round.
on 28 January 2013
cute and simple patterns that I will have hours of delight in replicating, the will makie good gifts for peole of all ages, it would have been useful to be able to look inside first.
on 19 November 2014
have made two or three animals from this but was only able to do as a confident knitter, as sometimes pattern slightly wrong and had to double check in case I'd gone wrong somewhere. I hadn't, just info number of stitches at some points not correct and I carried on but could worry less able knitter more.
on 21 April 2013
Sadly this book contains instructions that have not been test knitted or proofread. Too many errors, No errata available and designer not responding to email enquiries. Total waste of money, will never buy anything from this designer again. It's heartbreaking...I saved up my money for the book, plus international shipping and it's rubbish. Not worth the paper it's printed on.
on 25 July 2015
I was a little worried before ordering these books because even though you can look inside the books prior to purchase it didn't say how tall the finished product would be, for other people reading a review they are about 9 inches in height.
on 10 December 2013
I have the 2013 edition and have started on the mouse the pattern looks in stocking stitch but pattern is knit only.
Is there an error?
on 6 December 2012
The patterns in the book are just adorable and so cute! Excellent value for money. The only problem is which one to start first!
on 10 May 2014
Lovely book, knitting these for my grandkids. Easy to find yarns. Easy instructions and excellent photography of each pet, lots to love and cuddle in this book, and you don't have to feed them, or clean up after them.